Friday, October 15, 2004

Friday, October 15, 2004

The weekend was as crazy and fun as I expected it to be. It was like one long party. It was really cool to not only spend the weekend with my co-workers/friends, but also to get to meet hundreds of eager “Guiding Light” fans. The whole idea that I and the show I work on have fans, is still wild to me. I met people over the weekend who knew things about me that I didn’t know they could know! For instance, one woman gave me a gift bag filled with my favorite candy, “Swedish Fish.” She had read an article in a soap opera magazine that said I loved them, and she gave them to me! It was the sweetest thing, and just one of the many reminders this weekend that what I do every day at work is reaching millions of people and touching their lives every day.

This week has been a relatively restful one. Monday was a holiday, so there was no school, and I was able to just relax and recuperate from the busy weekend. Last night I played hooky from school (I figured I could get away with it this once… I’ve never missed a class!). The entire cast and much of the crew went out in celebration of Grant Alexander, my cast-mate. Yesterday was his last day of work on “ Guiding Light”, after twenty-some years of being on and off the show. He’s an awesome actor, and everyone loves him and is going to miss him like crazy; so, in his honor, we partied hard!

After Grant’s party, I came home and headed straight for bed. Despite being asleep by about midnight, I felt like a walking zombie this morning when I went into work at 7am. I felt awake just in time to shoot my scenes at 9am, having practically slept through the morning dry rehearsal and getting my hair and make-up done . Given how tired I was, the scenes went really well.

Tonight my mom and her good friend are coming to New York. They’ll accompany me to work tomorrow. My mom is now, of course, a huge “Guiding Light” fan, and she loves to visit the set with me. I’m looking forward to it and to another weekend.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

Hey Stephanie!

I think it's really great that you are doing this online diary for us fans to keep us updated on what's going on with you. I wish I went to St. Judes but I had school and work. But I will defiantly be in Las Vegas for the charity weekend and I heard your name was on the list and I can't wait to see you and the rest of the GL actors who will be attending. Quick question that maybe you can answer in your next blog: How come you don't have an official website or at least a message board for us fans to come and chat about you and your character "Tammy"?

Keep up the great work!!

October 15, 2004 at 4:27 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Hey Stephanie I think its awesome that you are doing this diary. I LOVE Guiding Light and I also love your character Tammy...I even made a message board dedicated to you and your character so that fans can get together and talk and stuff. http://p201.ezboard.com/bstephaniegatschet
I don't have any members yet but it'll get there. You are great actress and I love watching. Keep up the great work:)

October 18, 2004 at 2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home