Friday, October 08, 2004

Friday October 8, 2004

I’m looking forward to this weekend. I call it "Fan Weekend," because it’s filled with events that are catered towards entertaining "Guiding Light" fans. Those of us who are actors on the show attend all the events and mingle with fans and whatnot. There’s a dinner party tonight, tomorrow there’ll be a cruise around Manhattan, a bowling fundraiser, and a few concerts, and the weekend will be capped off by the annual Guiding Light Fan Club Luncheon on Sunday. Basically, the weekend will be one long party.

I spent all morning figuring out what to wear to each event. I’m a total clothes horse, so any excuse to dress up is fun for me. I splurged on a dress for the dinner party tonight. It’s a Rebecca Taylor vintage-looking dress that I absolutely love and spent way too much money on. But it still needs a purse. Looks like I’ll be doing some shopping today!

On another note, my brother Andrew called Mom from Uzbekistan yesterday. He’s in the Army, 82Nd Airborne Division, and after moving to his dream base in Hawaii, he was promptly shipped off to Afghanistan. He was there for a few months and then relocated to Uzbekistan. While I still worry about him constantly, I feel that he’s at least a little bit safer where he is now, although he did report being about a hundred feet away from a rocket attack not long ago. Anyway, it was so nice to know that he called and is doing alright.

Andrew told me that the Army gets two TV channels overseas, and on one of them they show "Guiding Light" every day. So all the soldiers watch, and Andrew brags about me to his friends. I just think it’s cool that he gets to watch me every week while he’s over there. It’s a nice little connection to home for him.

More later…. it’s time to walk the dog….

1 Comments:

Blogger Bobby said...

First off, thanks for all your hard work on the show. You do a good job on it and I can see you either moving on to Prime Time TV or movies or, becoming a major player on the series when you get older. Whatever you do, good luck.

Also my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family regarding your brother. He is an American hero for doing what he does and he's keeping us all safe so we can do the things that we all do. Best of luck and God Bless.

October 12, 2004 at 5:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home