Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Tuesday, October 19, 2004

I don’t know what to do with myself on days like today when I don’t have to be at work. I have plenty of homework to do for school, but of course I’m the world’s greatest procrastinator. I have a Shakespeare midterm tonight. It shouldn’t be too difficult; the professor just wants to make sure we’ve kept up with the reading.

I only have work on Friday this week. After work I’ll be getting on a plane and heading for Tampa, FL. My boyfriend Jason and I are going to Florida along with a few of my friends from work (Crystal Hunt, Tom Pelphrey, and John Driscoll) for a long weekend. We’re going to stay at Crystal’s house, and on Saturday night we’ve got tickets to go to Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios. I’m so excited. It’ll be like a mini-vacation, which I really feel like I could use. And I love, love, love haunted houses!

Yesterday was the annual fund-raising luncheon for Animal Haven, the shelter from which I adopted my dog, ChiChi, and where I volunteer to walk dogs when I can. A bunch of their adoptable animals were there, and I (and some other Guiding Light cast members that came along) showed some of the dogs off in hopes that they might get adopted. All the animals were so cute. If I didn’t live in a tiny apartment in the city, I’d want to adopt all of them!

Ok, I really should study a little bit more. But I just have to mention one of my favorite Ellen Degeneres quotes: “Don’t wait! Start procrastinating NOW!”

For more on Stephanie and GL visit http://www.Soapcity.com/GL

4 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

Hey Stephanie,
Have fun in Florida! I know you will! Awesome scenes today! But I gotta ask-what does your brother and your mom think about those sex scenes?

October 19, 2004 at 11:29 PM  
Blogger Kellie said...

Hi Stephanie,

I just caught up on reading your entire Blog. Sounds like you've been busy this month between work, school and fan club weekend. The scenes I've seen you in on GL lately have been great! You've gotten some great material to sink your teeth in. I'm sure the stripper outfit scenes will be entertaining.

Fan club weekend was non-stop and definitely exhausting - but lots of fun. I go now not only to see the cast, but more to see all the fans I've become friends with over the years. It's almost like a family reunion in some ways. I'm glad you enjoyed the weekend's events.

The teacher in me knows about procrastinating - I'm worse than the students about procrastinating on my homework...I have a stack to do now, but instead I'm on the internet...oh well, it'll get done...and I may get a little less sleep burning the midnight oil to get finished.

Your brother is in my prayers along with all our soldiers overseas and their families at home right now.

Thanks for taking the time to share a bit about your life and what it's like to work at GL on this Blog.

October 24, 2004 at 4:21 PM  
Blogger Andrew Gatschet said...

Hey Steph,

Mom just me the link for your Blog. I might have to start one of these myself, whenever I get the time. I hope Florida was fun. Believe me, I know the value of getting time away from work. Also, I just need to make a correction; I am no longer in the 82nd, I am part of 25th ID now. I hope you keep up with your entries here, I like being able to stay up to date with what's happening in you life.

October 24, 2004 at 7:51 PM  
Blogger Mom Gatschet said...

I can't tell you how cool it is to see my children connecting across the world this way! I'm so proud of what they are both doing - but even prouder of how much they love each other.

Steph - since others have asked how I might feel about your recent scenes, I'll share what I've told you. It's very strange to watch your child do things that a parent wouldn't normally watch!! But I think you're doing a fabulous job - and I'm really glad that my daughter is Stephanie and not Tammy!!

October 27, 2004 at 5:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home