Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Tuesday, October 5, 2004

Last night I sat in my Shakespeare class at Marymount Manhattan College and, as we discussed "The Life of Henry VI," I had to giggle inside. It had been a crazy day for me. I had shown up for work at 7am. I’m an actress on a soap opera, "Guiding Light," and the workday always starts at the crack of dawn.

Yesterday’s shoot was particularly amusing, to say the least. The things I find myself doing, the scenes my character was a part of, actually made my real life seem so boring. The first half of the day involved wearing a stripper costume (a nice, tacky yellow number with platform high heels) and swinging around on a pole. "What a crazy way to start my morning," I thought, as it also dawned on me that... oh no... my grandmother watches this show!

Oh well, I decided I might as well have fun with it anyway. After lunch, I, as my " alter-ego", Tammy (now in normal clothing), had to be standing on a dock, on the verge of suicide. What a switch from the morning’s activities!

After all the scenes were shot, I hurried home to walk the dog and rushed to my Shakespeare class. I was only ten minutes late. I couldn’t help but laugh thinking, as we referred to various sonnets and watched a BBC version of "A Midsummer Night’s Dream," that only a few hours before I was playing stripper and jumping off of a "dock" into imaginary water.

What a strange day.

2 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

That's definitely a strange day! And its also managed to make my "real" life dull too! ;)

October 12, 2004 at 5:25 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

Hey Stephanie,
Crazy day! I was looking at Marymount Manhattan when I was looking for a school to study acting. Unfortunately I don't have the money to move to NYC yet! lol. Anyway, Hope tomorrow's better! Have a great day!

October 14, 2004 at 10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home