Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Election Day!

I just got back from voting. This is my first time being involved in a presidential election. It’s exciting. I feel proud that I can make a difference in something as huge as deciding who becomes the next leader of our country. I’ll be glued to the TV tonight, anxiously awaiting the election results.

I spent last weekend at home in Philadelphia. It was a nice, relaxing weekend. I didn’t really do much. The highlight of it all was probably going to church on Sunday afternoon. The bishop was there, and my little cousin, Sophie, had her confirmation. I was so proud of her.

I did dress up for Halloween. I was a Freudian Slip…. sort of an intellectual joke (and not everyone got it.) I just wore a slip that I’d written “Freudian” on the front of. I threw in a pink wig and pink false eye lashes, too, just because it was Halloween and I could get away with it. I ate my fair share of candy, and watched a few good horror flicks. Now I’m ready to get into the Christmas spirit. I know, it’s a bit premature, but I can’t help it. I go nuts at Christmas time! I love it!

Ok, well now that I’ve done my civic duty (the whole voting thing), it’s time to do my scholarly one—I’ve got a bunch of work to do for school. Better get started.

5 Comments:

Blogger Lara-Ann said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

November 2, 2004 at 1:32 PM  
Blogger Lara-Ann said...

Sorry Hit the clicker one two many times!

Lara-Ann said...
I think it's great that you voted! This was my first Pres. election too. I was excited and you know what? Nobody has "I VOTED" stickers in this city! Can you believe that?

I was a bit dissappointed. It's not a huge part but it's like, I've spent my whole life waiting to get one of those stickers.-my parents would never let us where theirs. And I didn't get one. Ya know? Last election was for locals and I was in IL, I got a sticker then but I really wanted this one. Now I have nothing for my scrapbook now. I'll get over it- i guess.

I used to volunteer for Rock the Vote. I caught one of your spots you did for them. I'm glad you practice it. You can check out my blog to see why I'm so blown away by that.

Thanks for voting, glad you did it!

November 2, 2004 at 2:54 PM  
Blogger Lara-Ann said...

Sorry Hit the clicker one two many times!

Lara-Ann said...
I think it's great that you voted! This was my first Pres. election too. I was excited and you know what? Nobody has "I VOTED" stickers in this city! Can you believe that?

I was a bit dissappointed. It's not a huge part but it's like, I've spent my whole life waiting to get one of those stickers.-my parents would never let us where theirs. And I didn't get one. Ya know? Last election was for locals and I was in IL, I got a sticker then but I really wanted this one. Now I have nothing for my scrapbook now. I'll get over it- i guess.

I used to volunteer for Rock the Vote. I caught one of your spots you did for them. I'm glad you practice it. You can check out my blog to see why I'm so blown away by that.

Thanks for voting, glad you did it!

November 2, 2004 at 2:54 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

Hey Steph,
I voted for the first time in a presidential election too! It was awesome! I'm still watching the TV and its like almost 1 AM (central)! I think the "Freudian Slip" went over my head too. lol. I'll have to research that. Well, have a great week.
Erin
erin42@starmail.com

November 2, 2004 at 10:52 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Just wanted to say that I LOVE the freudian slip idea. How original! Not to mention creative! I think the pink wig and eyelashes would make a nice touch.

November 4, 2004 at 8:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home