Monday, November 29, 2004

November 29, 2004

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone (a bit belatedly!). I’ve spent the past few days at home in Philadelphia with my family and my boyfriend, Jason. I hopped on a bus as soon as I was finished at work last Wednesday, and although I was sure I’d be stuck in traffic for hours, I was in Philly in time to go out to dinner with my mom and some old friends of ours. On Thanksgiving day my mom and I drove out to Lancaster, PA, where my grandparents live. It’s a nice drive; we pass through the little town of Strasburg, which is just as cute as can be, and then, of course, there are all the Amish farms along the way. We had about fifteen people for dinner, which was quite yummy!

And now, I am thrilled to say, it is officially Christmas-time!!! I’m soaking it up as much as possible, as it always seems to rush by. I rented "Elf" yesterday—I love that movie. And I’ve been getting some of my Christmas shopping done a little early.

Last week we taped the annual "Christmas Crawl" at work. Every year the cast gathers on one of the sets, along with their kids/parents/spouses, to wish the viewers "Happy Holidays." The greeting airs at the end of our Christmas Eve episode. It’s always a fun thing to shoot because there are cute little kids running around everywhere, and everyone really gets into the holiday spirit. I brought my mom and my dog ChiChi along for the fun. If you tune in on Christmas Eve you’ll see us amongst the crowds of cheery people.

While I’m excited about it being Christmas time, I know I’ve got a busy few weeks ahead of me. School is finishing up (which, of course, means term papers and finals), I’ll be shooting a lot of episodes at "Guiding Light," and then there’s just the general chaos that is the month of December. But I’m excited about it all!

In the spirit of Thanksgiving, I’d like to take a moment to pause and recognize all of the things I’m particularly thankful for this year: my family and friends, the safety of my brother in Uzbekistan, a dream job that I love, my dog and kitty cat, my own apartment in New York City, an enjoyable semester of college, and did I mention FAMILY AND FRIENDS?!?!

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

3 Comments:

Blogger Amber said...

Hi Stephanie! I'm glad to hear you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and break. My Thanksgiving was good, but I spent part of it doing homework for college and rehearsing my lines for the play I'm in, called "Buried Child." But I definitely ate lots of good food. I made my specialty, apple pie a la mode, since Thanksgiving dinner was at my house.

Guiding Light has continued to rock these past few weeks! It has had lots of great moments, especially with you. I enjoy watching you and Laura in the "mother/daughter" moments. It's just so touching! LOL! I can't wait to see the Christmas episodes either.

Keep up the great work,
Amber
smartie58@hotmail.com

November 29, 2004 at 12:55 PM  
Blogger Amber said...

Hi Stephanie! I'm glad to hear you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and break. My Thanksgiving was good, but I spent part of it doing homework for college and rehearsing my lines for the play I'm in, called "Buried Child." But I definitely ate lots of good food. I made my specialty, apple pie a la mode, since Thanksgiving dinner was at my house.

Guiding Light has continued to rock these past few weeks! It has had lots of great moments, especially with you. I enjoy watching you and Laura in the "mother/daughter" moments. It's just so touching! LOL! I can't wait to see the Christmas episodes either.

Keep up the great work,
Amber
smartie58@hotmail.com

November 29, 2004 at 12:56 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

Hey Stephanie,

Glad to hear you had a great Thanksgiving. It has to be my favorite holiday-its not about presents or candy or anything but being together and eating lots of turkey! hehe! Mine was great too, I had Thanksgiving dinner 3 nights in a row!!!

I have really enjoyed your scenes lately. The Mother/daughter stuff is so cute. I've been watching Guiding Light my whole life, and this is the best its ever been! Whats it like working with people like David and Laura? I met Laura in New Orleans and she's just a wonderful person. I'm looking forward to meeting you and everyone else in Las Vegas. Also, I have a question for you-- I know on the show you basically work with the same people alot, well who do you wish you could work with that you dont usually get a chance to work with?

Well, best wishes in everything. Keep up the great work!

Erin
erin42@starmail.com

P.S. I'm really looking forward to the Christmas and New Years episodes!!

November 29, 2004 at 9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home