Thursday, November 04, 2004

November 4, 2004

I’m feeling stressed. But then, I try not to let myself feel too stressed out, because I know that things always have a way of getting done, so that wasting energy on feeling stressed is pretty much pointless. I have a lot to do over the next several days. I’ve got a handful of really great auditions that I want to work really hard on. Two of the auditions are for plays (really great ones), and another two are for movies. In addition to the auditions, I’ve got a good deal of schoolwork to be doing, a little bit of work work to be doing, and some extra fun stuff going on (including the first meeting of a book club I’m joining with a group of people from work and a photo shoot for the Humane Society’s anti-fur campaign.)

Like I said, everything will get done and I’ll be fine. It’s just a lot to think about. Honestly, though, I love being busy. It keeps things exciting. Sure beats boredom!

I had a little photo shoot this morning. As if I weren’t busy enough already, I’m getting involved with a new program called “Soap Speaks”, through which I, and some other young soap actors, will go on motivational speaking tours around the country, helping and inspiring youth. I’m really excited about the program. It will be a way that I can combine my career as an actress with my devotion to helping kids deal with tough issues and realize their potential. We got some good promo shots for the program. The photographer took us (me, Scott Bailey who plays Sandy, and Troy Kurtis who used to play Nico) up onto a roof to take our pictures. It was beautiful up there, but the wind was not my friend! I had hair blowing everywhere, and the photographer tried to snap shots during the brief moments that the hair was actually under control. What a mess. But we had fun. The next step will be spending a weekend in Florida for our motivational speaker training. I’m excited.

I’ve got a book to finish reading for our book club, so I will end here. TTFN: Ta ta for now. : )

4 Comments:

Blogger Amanda said...

Hey Stephanie! It does sound like you're keeping busy; I agree, though, that it sure beats being bored. I'd like to wish you luck on your auditions! I'd go see a movie you were in! Also, "Soap Speaks" sounds like a great program and it will be rewarding to be able to make a difference in the lives of young people. I'm glad to hear that Troy is involved too. Next time you see him, tell him that Amanda and Melissa in Virginia say "hello" and that we both miss seeing him.

PS--What are you reading?

November 4, 2004 at 8:25 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

I just realized folks are including their email addresses on these comments. So....

Amanda@michaelparkfans.com

November 4, 2004 at 8:30 AM  
Blogger Amber said...

Hey Stephanie! I hope you're feeling better now. I know what it feels like to be overwhelmed with everything too. But I'm positive you'll get through it! Just keep your head up, and everything will fall into place.

Keep up the great work on GL!

Much love,
Amber
smartie58@hotmail.com

November 5, 2004 at 7:46 PM  
Blogger Amber said...

Hi Stephanie! It's Amber again! I was just letting you know I have my St. Judes Benefit pics up for viewing now. When you get a chance, please take a look at them:

http://f2.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/wildaboutlindsey

Thanks and let me know what you think,
Amber
smartie58@hotmail.com

November 8, 2004 at 12:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home