Thursday, December 02, 2004

December 2, 2004

Bonjour. I’m in a very French mood. That’s because my mom and I just booked our trip to Paris for a week in January. I’m so excited! It’ll be my first trip to Europe, and France is a total dream trip for me. We’re going to stay in a cute little hotel in the Latin Quarter. I read that there’s a lot of great shopping in that area. More than anything, I can’t wait to just walk around and take in all the beauty. I’m taking my camera and tons of film. And a good, heavy coat (Paris in January??—yikes!!). If anyone knows of any must-see or must-do things in Paris, I’d love to know what they all are!

I just spent all afternoon reading Shakespeare’s “Comedy of Errors”. I’ve got a term paper due on Monday, so I’m trying to do some preparations for it before the weekend gets here. I’ve really been loving my Shakespeare class. As an actress, I feel ashamed that I hadn’t read more Shakespeare before now, but I’m finally catching up. Shakespeare’s genius never ceases to amaze me. His work is truly brilliant. I love it.

I have a long, but relatively easy, shooting schedule for tomorrow at "Guiding Light." I’m excited because my sister-in-law, Melanie, will be with me. She’s never been to the studio before, so I’ll get to show her around all the sets and introduce her to everyone that I work with. My personal manager, Edie, (who has been by my side and has believed in me since I first got into acting) will also be stopping by the studio to check it out for the first time. Should be fun.

Mais maintenant, je va a l’ecole. (But now, I’m going to school.) Au revoir, mes amis!

6 Comments:

Blogger Amber said...

Bonjour Stephanie! Je m'appelle Amber. J'adore regarder "Guiding Light." C'est tres magnifique! I know French too. LOL! I had four years of it in high school and two years in college. That is so exciting that you and your mom are going to France. I've never been there, so please let me know how it is, and of course how your trip goes!

Keep up the great work,
Amber
smartie58@hotmail.com

December 2, 2004 at 10:52 PM  
Blogger Racquel said...

Hey

Great job especially the scenes with Lizie character.

Enjoy your trip, you are going to like it. Europe is great.

December 3, 2004 at 1:18 AM  
Blogger Angie said...

Stephanie -

I have not been to Paris yet (Italy twice though, you should definitely go there sometime) but I recommend going to the Moulin Rouge. A friend of mine didn't want to spend the money when she was there, but how many times in your lifetime will you get to say that you were in Paris and you saw the can-can? Do it, I'm sure it will be great fun!

Enjoy your work on GL!

December 3, 2004 at 12:53 PM  
Blogger Monica said...

Hey Stephanie,

We met at the Gus Bus Harbour Cruise. We talked about how we are both from Philadelphia. I told you I am a math teacher. Anyway I don't know if you remember me. I am glad to hear that you are going to Europe. Europe is great. I was just in Germany this past summer. It is very relaxing and I know you will have a good time. Go see the Eiffel tower and go to the perfume factory. Paris is definitely know for its perfumes. Hope you are doing well and enjoying your time on the show. You are definitely doing an excellent job. I enjoy watching your scenes.
Take it easy,

Monica
Neema220@hotmail.com

December 4, 2004 at 7:32 AM  
Blogger Chip Coffey said...

Hi, Stephanie.

I enjoy watching you very much as Tammy on GL. I've been a fan of the show since the 1950s and feel GL is finally back-on-track after a "long, dry spell."

You will LOVE Paris! I was there in December, 2000, and it was truly a dream trip. Of course, you will want to see all the "touristy" sites, like the Eiffel Tower, L'arc de Triomphe, Notre Dame Cathedral (the Rose Window), the Louvre, etc.

The weather should be wet and chilly/cold while you are there, so take a heavy coat, hat, scarf, gloves and an umbrella.

Buy a museum pass -- a great bargain -- as well as a pass for the Metro subway. I was intimidated at first by riding the Metro, but it quickly became THE WAY to get around in Paris!

Try to visit the St. Germaine des Pres arrondisement...the church there is from the 9th century and absolutely amazing! And take a walk along the Seine, crossing over the Pont Alexandre bridge, which is truly spectacular.

If possible, have dinner at the brasserie restaurant in the Hotel Lutetia...a great experience. The Taittinger's Champagne company owns the hotel, so order a glass or two!

I was a travel agent for 18 years, so if you have any questions, I'd be happy to help.

Have a great trip and keep up the amazing work on GL!

Chip Coffey
chipcoffey@aol.com
Atlanta, GA

December 4, 2004 at 7:53 AM  
Blogger amandagray said...

Stephanie,

Hi, I'm a fan of GL and thrilled that you and John have been posting these blogs. Very entertaining!

I am excited for you that you are going to Europe, particularly Paris. I have lived and traveled in many parts of Europe and I know Paris very well. There are some must sees:
Musuems: of course the Louvre and D'Orsy but also the Rodin and Picasso musuems are steller not only for their art but for the gorgeous buildings that house them!
I suggest you visit the area called Passey. Its near the Eiffel Tower. Very quaint neighborhood and also the former neighboorhood of the only female impressionist, Berte Morrisot.
Oh gosh...shopping! There is so much shopping in France! Gallieries Lafyette is fabulous and the whole area around there is fantastic! Its near L'Opera...lots of shops!
You should also do your best to sample the Frensh cuisine! The cheese, wine and bread is wonderful and you'll see why everyone raves about it. Forget the carbs and indulge!
Finally, my favorite part of Paris is the Champs Elysee. I suggest you climb to the top of the the Arc de Triomphe at NIGHT and see all the lights of Paris. It's incredible!

Have a great trip and I hope these helped! You will have a great time! Looking forward to your post trip blog!

December 7, 2004 at 6:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home