Thursday, January 13, 2005

JANUARY 12, 2005

Three days until I see the lights of Paris from the top of the Eiffel Tower. I couldn’t be more excited. My mom and I are flying out from Philadelphia. I’m stuck in New York until tomorrow because I have an audition to go to, which means that I’ll only have Friday to pack. But there’s nothing like the last minute, right?

In other news, my brother Andrew is home on his leave from the Army. I’ve gotten to spend a fair amount of time with him. On Sunday night, after my mom threw a nice party for him at our house in Philly, Andrew and his wife Melanie came back to New York with me. They came to work with me at "Guiding Light" on Monday. I had scored my brother a role as an extra in the same set where I was doing my scenes for the day. He was so excited, not only to get to see how a TV show is made, but to actually get to be a part of it. If you watch the show on February 3rd, you’ll see him eating at the table behind me in Company (Springfield’s favorite restaurant). He’s the blonde guy that looks like a male version of me.

Anyhoo, after spending the day on set at "Guiding Light," we found a great karaoke bar in SoHo, and we sang the night away. Andrew hadn’t been to New York since he was a kid, so I had to give him a night out on the town. It was a lot of fun. After spending ten months in Afghanistan and Uzbekistan, New York was a real culture shock for Andrew. But he really enjoyed it a lot.

My next post will pop up when I get pack from Paris (week after next). Hopefully it’ll be full of fun stories and details about the trip. Until then, au revoir!

8 Comments:

Blogger Karly Jordan said...

Don't you mean "Elizabeth & Company"? haha!

January 13, 2005 at 6:28 AM  
Blogger Amber said...

Hey Stephanie,
I'm so excited for you about your trip. I wish I could go, LOL! I've taken French for 6 1/4 years, and I've never had the chance to visit Paris. But I know a lot about it. I can't wait to hear about the stories you'll have. Your last name is French, isn't it?

Keep up great work,
Amber
smartie58@hotmail.com

January 13, 2005 at 4:09 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

Hey,

Thats so awesome your brother is got to be an extra! I've never been to New York, but I heard its great! Hopefully I'll get to move up there soon.

Have fun in Paris!!

ERIN
erin42@starmail.com

January 13, 2005 at 10:09 PM  
Blogger Lizi said...

Hey Stephanie!

I just found this blog (I wish I'd found it sooner), and I read all the way back to when you first mentioned your trip to Paris. That sounds like SO much FUN! I love French culture and all of that, and it seems like it would just be SUCH a blast. I remember in French class, trying Brie Cheese on a cracker, and having it be one of the best foods I've tried, to date. I know France is awesome, and I haven't even been there!

Congrats, by the way, on being with your boyfriend as long as you have. That's a true, real relationship, and you guys should definitely be proud of all of that.

Also, I would just like to let you know that I think your work on Guiding Light is amazing, and that you handle all the stressful scenes that Tammy has to endure so well!

I'll definitely be keeping up with this blog!

Take care and have fun in France!
~~Lizi

January 20, 2005 at 10:59 PM  
Blogger Lara-Ann said...

Stephanie-

Hey again from Lara-ann. I was going to remind you to Thank your Brother for his duties. So please do so- if you get the chance.

(okay - I hate to admit it- but I skimmed some of the comments- I know they are personal and for you- but one caught my eye)

One blogger said that you and your boyfriend have a real, true relationship. I just thought that I would let you know- statsitics show that couples who date for a long period of time before making a committment (such as living together which you may be doing - I don't know -- or getting married) generally don't make it to even their 5th year wedding anniversary. My Advice- If it's the long haul relationship you both are going for- perhaps you both should discuss further commitment if you haven't already.

Lara-Ann

January 21, 2005 at 2:04 PM  
Blogger Mandi said...

Hey again!! I hope that you are having a blast (or had a blast) in Paris! That is one place that I have always dreamed of going!!

I know in my last post I said that you must have enjoyed seeing your brother. I read it wrong because I thought you said he had already been there. Sorry. But now that you finally did get to see your brother I am glad. I know how it is to be seperated from your family.

I can't wait to see the Feb. 3rd eppi :) And I def. can't wait to see you back on screen!!

Love,
Mandi

January 26, 2005 at 1:02 PM  
Blogger Nicole and Chad said...

Hi Stephanie!
I love your blog and you on the show! That previous blog was interesting- encouraging you to commit, I can't believe it! :) I am sure you are committed to your relationship even though you aren't married. You should do what feels right to you in your relationships- you are young and it's okay just to go with life as it happens! Especially when you are a very talented actress with the future ahead of you!
I am really enjoying the scenes between you and Scott Bailey. It's nice to watch something happy on the show! I'll be watching for your brother, too!
I hope you enjoyed your trip!
Nicole

January 29, 2005 at 5:10 AM  
Blogger Dani_Girl20 said...

Hi Stephanie, I just signed up for bloggin well i been meaning to for a while. I've enjoyed reading your post. Anyways, I heard a recent online rumor that you were leaving GL. If it's not too much too ask, would you mind clarifying if this rumor is true or not? BTW, I love your scenes with Scott Bailey, getting cuter by the day. I hope the writer really make go with you two. Anyways, thanks for reading this post and taking my question into consideration.

January 30, 2005 at 3:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home