Wednesday, February 02, 2005

FEBRUARY 2, 2005

My trip to Paris was absolutely incredible. It is such a beautiful city. My mom and I had a great time. Everywhere we went, everything was so pretty and so full of history. We squeezed a lot in to our seven day trip, and yet we never felt overwhelmed; it was still nice and relaxing. We stayed in the Saint Germain area, a perfectly located neighborhood that was adorable.

On our first night in Paris, we took the metro to the Arc de Triomphe and walked along the Champs Elysees. Then we wandered down a winding side-street and discovered a very nice French restaurant (fairly free of tourists), and had a really yummy meal. After that, we found our way to the Eiffel Tower, across the street from which was a carousel. We rode the carousel and admired the Eiffel Tower. At midnight we were standing directly underneath the structure, looking up. Suddenly, the whole thing started to shimmer with these bright sparkly lights that were all over it. It was a magical moment; so beautiful.

The rest of the week was spent visiting museums (like the Musee D’Orsay, the Centre Pompidou, Musee Marmittan, etc.), checking out the flea markets, and eating out. We also did a ton of walking. We must have covered the majority of Parisian streets on foot, which was great because we were able to see and discover so many cute streets and neighborhoods.
Of course, we also shopped a little too much. I found a beautiful Christian Lacroix gown that I just couldn’t resist. I suppose I’ll wear it to the Daytime Emmy’s this year. It was a total splurge, and an impulse buy, but I love it.

I got to practice my minimal French speaking skills during the trip. That was pretty cool. I learned some new important words and phrases, and re-learned a lot of the vocabulary I was taught in high school French class. I learned that if I ask a question too well, though (pronounce something a little too well, or just really sound like I know what I’m saying), that the problem becomes understanding an equally fast, fancy response. So, while I tried to say everything correctly, I decided it’s best to ask questions slowly, so that their answers would be slow and understandable as well.

My mom and I flew back into Philadelphia in the middle of a snow storm, which was quite the adventure. But we made it safely, and now life continues on as usual. I’ve been working at "Guiding Light" (where, yesterday, we had the coolest Spanish fiesta to celebrate Kim Zimmer’s 50th birthday), and I started school again on Monday. Today is my day off, so I’m trying to get as many random errands accomplished as I possibly can. I need to do laundry so desperately; I should stop writing and get to it!!

7 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time in Paris! I hope to experience that one day... I've really enjoyed the Tammy/Sandy pairing, I'm looking forward to future episodes!

And I can't wait to see what the dress look like, hope to see you on tv at the Emmy's!

February 2, 2005 at 1:24 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

Wow, sounds like an awesome time!! I bet Paris is great! I took Spanish in high school (which was only like 2 years ago)and I don't think I could put together a single sentence! haha.

Oh congrats on the pre-nom!! I hope you make nomination! I bet the dress is gorgeous! Can't wait to see it!

Your doing great on GL! Sandy and Tammy's rooftop date was beautiful.

Erin

February 2, 2005 at 9:44 PM  
Blogger Amber said...

Stephanie,

I'm so glad to hear about your trip. It sounds like you had an amazing time! You had the chance to see a lot of great sights too.

I'm also glad that your trip was safe too. We "experienced" that snow storm too, in Michigan, and it was horrible! But I'm glad both you and your mom are safe and sound.

Guiding Light continues to be AWESOME! I was so glad to finally see Tammy and Sandy kiss! Your guys' characters are sooooo cute together! I was also happy to see Tammy tell Jonathan off after the stairs accident. You did a great job. You really rocked!

Amber
smartie58@hotmail.com

February 2, 2005 at 9:45 PM  
Blogger Mini_MT said...

Stephanie,

I'm so glad you had a great time in Paris! I actually had to do a report on the Arc de Triomphe, and build a scale model of it! I'm sure Paris is beautiful. I hope to see it myself someday.

Guiding Light is so great! You and Scott have been doing a wonderful job. I love Sandy and Tammy!

February 3, 2005 at 7:44 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Hey Stephanie! I am so behind in posting here, but I have read and enjoyed all of your blogs thus far. The trip to Paris sounds like it was a blast, as I thought it would be. I shared the blog with my friend Jessica...we have high hopes of vacationing in Europe and Africa...somewhere, anywhere! So, I'm glad you and your Mom had a great time.

You are still doing a great job on GL. I always enjoy the scenes between Tammy and Sandy. They make a nice pair now that I'm over that whole cousin thing. LOL! And congratulations on making the pre-nom list! Here's hoping it turns into the real deal and you walk away with an Emmy! You have certainly earned it this year with the Jonathan/JB storyline. Good luck!

Till next time,
Amanda@michaelparkfans.com

February 9, 2005 at 12:54 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

Hi,I think it's very cool that you have a blog as well! I love your pairing with Sandy on GL! Your scenes together lately have been really sweet!!

February 9, 2005 at 5:39 PM  
Blogger Mandi said...

Stephanie,

I am so glad to hear that you had a blast in Paris! And glad that you are back at work now. :)

I also wanted to give you a congrats on getting a pre-nomination. I really hope that you get on the nomination list and beat everyone else out! :)

Well I will let ya go. Until next time,

Mandi
ptlvr312@aol.com

February 11, 2005 at 3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home