Friday, February 11, 2005

PRE-VALENTINE'S DAY

For anyone who might be interested, I now have an official website up at www.stephaniegatschet.com . It opened earlier this week, and I invite everyone to check it out. Let me know what you think; any ideas or thoughts I can get would be awesome. I’m happy with it. I had just been thinking that it’d be a good idea to have something available for fans of “Guiding Light” to check out if they’re interested. The girls who designed the site are fans of the show, and they’ve done sites for other cast members. I think they do a great job. (Thanks Jamie and Jen!!)

I got to preview the site a couple weeks ago. The coolest part for me was to look through all the photo galleries; it was like a walk down memory lane. There’s a section of “screen shots” from “Guiding Light” episodes that go all the way back to the beginning of my time on the show. It was really cool for me to go through and look back at all that my character has been through in the past couple of years.

I told my boyfriend, Jason, that the site had opened and that there were message boards dedicated to me and my character on “Guiding Light.” He giggled mischievously and said that he intends to go on the message boards and write about me. He said, “I’m gonna be that annoying guy… ha ha ha.” So anyhoo, if anyone happens to notice a crazy poster on my message boards, just be crazy back to him. It’s just Jason!

Saw a movie the other night that had a really big impact on me: “Hotel Rwanda.” It’s about a guy who runs a hotel in Rwanda during the Hutu/Tutsi conflict in the early nineties. He harbors around twelve hundred refugees, trying to keep them safe from the genocide that’s going on all over Rwanda. The film is a powerful one that I found educational and thought-provoking. I recommend it, although you must beware that it will put you in a somber mood for the rest of the day. But I think it’s worth it.

Tomorrow I will be participating in the Daytime Emmy’s voting process for the first time. Everyone who is a member of the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences (whoa, that’s a mouthful!) can spend the day tomorrow viewing tapes for different categories, and rating them. The results of the day will produce the official nominees for this year’s Daytime Emmy’s. Fun, fun, fun!

Then it will be off to Philadelphia for the rest of the weekend. Jason and I will have to have our special Valentine’s Day dinner early because I’ve got to be back in New York on Monday night for class. By the way, my classes this semester are great so far. I’m really excited about them. I’m taking “Independent Film Impact” and “Film & Literature.” I’ll be watching a lot of movies this semester.

In the spirit of Valentine’s Day, I’d like to urge everyone to spread some love. And for those without a significant other, don’t worry; the holiday is equally yours - there are lots of kinds of love, so spread it to your friends and family, too! The cutest idea for a Valentine’s Day celebration I’ve ever heard of came from my old favorite TV show, “Beverly Hills, 90210.” Dylan told Brenda that he had a surprise for her. His hints about the surprise were, “There’s red involved, we’ll both be on a bed, and you’ve never done it before.” He took her to the Red Cross and they both donated blood together. It was definitely a surprise to Brenda, and it was a great idea on Dylan’s part. So if you’re out of other ideas, I say do the Brenda and Dylan thing; it’s an important thing to do anyway, why not make it romantic, too?

10 Comments:

Blogger Amanda said...

Oh, 90210. Brings back the high school memories. Or maybe that was middle school. It was a long time ago, anyway.

Very cool you get to help out with the Emmy noms. I have my fingers crossed for a few...but I'll keep my mouth shut for now. LOL! Good luck to you too, of course! I made a poll for it on a message board I post on, and you're winning there!

Congrats on your website opening up! I'll definitely check it out and hopefully I'll run across one of Jason's crazy posts. LOL!

As for the upcoming holidays...LOL! The week header on my calendar says "Valentine, Shmalentine!" Bah humbug and all that. I'm mostly kidding though...I guess its a good enough holiday. I'll wear pink.

Take care!
Amanda@michaelparkfans.com

February 11, 2005 at 12:48 PM  
Blogger Mandi said...

I checked out your site the first day it opened! :) I love it. It's great. I am so happy that you have a website now... Hopefully I get to visit the boards and catch some of Jason's "Crazy" posts. hehe.

That's great that you get to healp with the Emmy Noms! I really hope that a few of the one's that are pre-nominated are nominated and then win! Including you!! :)

Valentine's Day hasn't been too good for me these past year's. lol. But I will try and make the best out of it this year. hehe.

Well until next time!


Mandi
ptlvr312@aol.com

February 11, 2005 at 4:08 PM  
Blogger Mandi said...

Hey Steph,

Sorry I forgot to add something to my last comment. When I was looking through your galleries, I saw your two pics of your 2004 Sleepover with Mandy Bruno and Cystal Hunt. I think that it is great to see you three interact outside of the show. We never really get to see you all together anymore on the show. It's like they have made it out to where "Tammy" and "Marina" don't even hang out anymore, which stinks. lol. I loved the friendship that "Tammy", "Marina", and "Lizzie" used to have!

Your site looks amazing and I happen to know one of the girls who does your site. She is great at doing sites. I have seen her work on 4 other GL actors/actresses sites as well. She def. has talent. Her name is Cykoria! :)

Well I think that is it. haha.

Take Care and Good Luck!
Mandi
ptlvr312@aol.com

February 11, 2005 at 4:18 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

Hey girl,

Your site looks awesome! Lots of cool stuff, I checked it out earlier this week, and will continue to keep checking back!

You get to vote on the Emmy noms? Thats so cool! There are definately a few I'm pulling for ;)! haha.

Oh, and that movie sounds great, I'll have to check it out!

Keep up the awesome work on GL!

Erin
erin42@starmail.com

February 12, 2005 at 7:06 AM  
Blogger Amber said...

Hey Stephanie,
I absolutely love your website! It's wonderful. Congratulations on it opening up. I emailed Cykoria asking her to create a fan photo section, meanwhile sending a picture of you and I from the 2004 St. Judes Benefit. So our picture is definitely on your website, and I'm so excited about it. Check it out when you get the chance!

Happy Valentine's Day,
Amber
smartie58@hotmail.com

February 12, 2005 at 9:36 AM  
Blogger Lara-Ann said...

Congrats on your website. It is pretty cool. My husband and I celebrated Valentines Day early as well. I'll have a pic and story up on my blog in a couple days if you are interested.

Hope you're Val's Days dinner was great, and everything else was magical.

Hotel R. is a very moving movie. I hope everyone watches and not only sees the movie but also sees the truth in it.

Good luck in the near future.

February 13, 2005 at 4:47 PM  
Blogger Ted said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

February 28, 2005 at 2:50 AM  
Blogger Ted said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

February 28, 2005 at 2:52 AM  
Blogger Ted said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

February 28, 2005 at 2:53 AM  
Blogger Ted said...

Hey Stephanie. Your website rocks the blocks! Jamie and Jen did a fantastic job. Next time I am in New York I will definitely have to stop by Animal Haven. Chi-Chi and Fiyero are absolutely adorable (also, great names). That is such a wonderful idea for Valentine's Day. I had mono in high school, so I am not able to donate blood for the rest of my life :( Doing something for your community is definitely a great idea. I'm jealous that you get to watch so many movies for class. I need to take a couple classes like that. I hope you get to see some more great films. I will definitely have to check out Hotel Rwanda. Keep up the great work on GL. My wife got me hooked on the show a couple years ago. Now I can't turn away from the TV when you are on.

February 28, 2005 at 2:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home