Thursday, March 24, 2005

HE'S NOT HEAVY, HE'S MY....

My brother, Andrew, returned safely home to the United States yesterday, after spending almost a year in Afghanistan and Uzbekistan. I’m so thankful for his safety. I spent months worrying about him, and now I get to be utterly jealous of him—he’s now stationed back in Hawaii! Lucky dog. I think I have a great excuse now, though, for a Hawaiian vacation!

My birthday last week was nice. (Thanks for everyone’s warm b-day greetings! I appreciate it!) I spent the day at work at "Guiding Light" and went out on the town that evening. The next day, after work, I flew out to L.A. (along with the rest of the "Guiding Light" cast) to shoot promos for the show. I was only in L.A. until Saturday morning, but it was a nice, little stay. The best part was that I got to spend some time hanging out with my co-workers away from the work environment. It was especially nice to get a chance to chat with some of the older cast members who I don’t really hang out with too often. They’re all so talented and intelligent; I love spending time with them and learning from them.

The promo shoot was fun, too. We each had to stand on this giant turntable with a green screen in the background. As the turntable slowly spun around, we had to lock eyes with the camera and play certain looks: playful, sexy, flirty, bitchy… It was tricky, at times, to stay standing up on the big turntable thingy. Especially in high heels. But it was fun. I think the promos will end up looking great.

In other news, I found my new apartment! It is about one minute away from the "Guiding Light" studio. Talk about convenience! It’s a one bedroom apartment in a nice doorman building. There’s a big living room, a cozy bedroom, and best of all, huge closets (very important). I’ll be moving in during the middle of next month. I’m very excited. Now I get to do fun things like shop for furniture and decorate. Woo hoo.

Anyhoo, welcome home Andrew! I’m so glad you’re back.

5 Comments:

Blogger Amanda said...

Howdy again! I'm so glad to hear your brother is home. Well, "home" in Hawaii. I think this does call for a vacation!

The LA shoot sounds like a lot of fun. I can't wait for the new promos...it is always fun to see them.

It sounds great about your new apartment! Awesome that it is so close to the studio. And you will have a great time decorating it how you want it and all. I have lived in my apartment for a year and a half and still have not finished decorating. And my two best friends just moved within one week of each other and have recruited me to help them with decorating! Fun fun fun!

By the way, I really loved that scene this week where Jonathan told Tammy that she brought out the best in him. How nice...I know it is a long road, but I hope they will become really good friends. Jonathan could sure use one, and Tammy is just the ticket!

March 24, 2005 at 2:21 PM  
Blogger Riley Brouwers said...

Hey Stephanie, glad to hear your brother has returned home safe and sound and will be stationed in Hawaii! I think you should take that vacation for Honolulu is a very beautiful place. I can't wait to see the promo's from the promo shoot...were they just single shots of everyone or were any couple/family shots taken as well?

Also glad to hear that you found an apartment, and so close to the studio...you'll be able to sleep in until the last possible minute now lol.

In closing, I'm really loving all of your scenes this past week. We've seen a few new sides to Tammy and being a JB/Tammy fan I have to say that I am loving the Jammy scenes we've been getting. Seeing Tammy see how vulnerable Jonathan can be is really great. Keep up the great work and I really hope if nothing else, Jammy become great friends...stranger things have happened. Sincerely, Riley.

March 24, 2005 at 7:12 PM  
Blogger Amber said...

Hey Stephanie,

I'm so happy to hear that your brother returned home safely. I know a lot of people that got hurt or was killed in the line of duty in the war. It's so sad. But a Hawaii vacation would be awesome! Take me with you, lol! I'm tired of school too! No more homework! Hehehe.
I can't wait to see the new promos. I also love seeing them for the first time. It's exciting. I bet they turned out fabulous!
Good luck moving into your new apt.,
Amber
smartie58@hotmail.com

March 25, 2005 at 1:22 PM  
Blogger OhioRuthie said...

Glad your brother made it back safely..a friend of mine lost her only son over there in may of last year...its nice to hear of happy homecomings.

I've been in nyc a couple of times..heading back next month for a day and a half..to meet up with internet friends...its overwhelming coming from a small town in Ohio...but it was very beautiful..the architecture is truly astounding.

I've just started here at blogger..takes awhile to get use to.

April 12, 2005 at 12:41 PM  
Blogger Cari said...

Hi Stephanie,



Just wanted to say I just started watching GL again after a 15 year hiatus from watching the soaps.
I was over at my Aunt's house and caught some scenes with you and Tom. So needless to say I started watching again. I think you guys are terrific. I'm in my thirties now but during my high school and early twenties I enjoyed acting, stagemanagement,and writing. So the opportunity to know what goes on behind the scenes at GL and know a little bit about the actors is really nice. Any way best wishes and I hope those writers find a way for your and Tom's character to be together.

October 21, 2005 at 4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home