Wednesday, April 27, 2005

MOVING ON UP!

I feel like I’m really settling in to my new apartment. I love it. My mom came up to New York from Philly last weekend to help me hang up pictures and towel rods and fun things like that. She’s awesome. I’ve never met a woman who’s as handy with a tool box as my mom is.

Jason is starting to get used to New York City. He moved up here a little over a week ago. He’s decided that he’s going to go to technical school for computer networking and security. That’ll be a one-year program. So for the next year he’ll be in school and working at the same time (hmm, sounds familiar!). He’s looking for a good retail job that has flexible hours so he can work evenings and weekends.

My job is going well. I’ve had a few relatively slow weeks, working only a day or two each week. That’s been good, though, because it’s allowed me time to organize the new apartment and focus on school. However, my schedule appears to be picking up a lot in the coming weeks. The next month will be pretty busy for everyone at Guiding Light. May is Emmy month, and there are always a zillion Emmy-related events to go to throughout the month. I’m looking forward to all of that. I’m also just really excited to root for Guiding Light and our thirteen Emmy nominations. (Yeah, go team!!)

This weekend I’m going to Marco Island in Florida for the Marco Island Film Festival. Every year the festival invites Guiding Light cast members to attend fundraising events all weekend. This will be my first year going, and I’m really excited about it. I’m bringing my best friend, Sarah, along, so it’ll be a good bonding weekend for us, too. I’ll be posting pics from the weekend on my website next week, so be sure to check that out.

Until then, adios amigos. : )

4 Comments:

Blogger Vanessa said...

Hey Stephanie,

I'm pretty new to this site and I think it's really neat. However I am a huge fan of Guiding Light. I've been watching since I can rememeber. Actually when I was really little I remember my mom having it on the televison. I remember such characters as Hope, Mike Bauer, Kelly and Nola...etc.

I wanted to take a moment and welcome you to Southwest Florida. I will also be attending the Marco Island Film Festival this weekend. I can certainly say that it is a wonderful event, having attended the past few years. I'm sure you and Sarah will have a wonderful time as well as the rest of the cast memebers.

Take care.....

April 27, 2005 at 4:54 PM  
Blogger flyaway said...

Hi Stephanie!

I'm glad to hear that you will be going to Marco Island and I'll definitely check out your web site to see pics. I can't go, but I wish I was. I'm glad you are settling in to your new apartment, but it makes me even happier to know that you will be busy at GL next month. I'd love to see you on screen every day!!!

April 27, 2005 at 8:04 PM  
Blogger Amber said...

Hi Stephanie,

I'm glad to hear that your move is going okay. I know you've been busy with college and work too. Life is tough, but very rewarding.
I hope you have fun at Marco Island, I won't be attending but I can't wait to hear all about it. I'm coming again to New York in October so I'll definitely see you there!

Much love,
Amber

May 2, 2005 at 12:27 PM  
Blogger Monica said...

Hey Stephanie,

I am in the process of deciding on which event to attend for the fanclub weekend. I was interested in attending Laura's lunch because last year I attended the Gus Bus Harbor Cruise. I was wondering if you could tell me who might be more inclined to attend the lunch as opposed to the harbor cruise. I know that no one has commit to anything yet, but I would like to attend an event with the most cast members.

Thanks,
Monica

May 3, 2005 at 1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home