Thursday, May 05, 2005

MARCO ISLAND!

Had a great time in Marco Island! What a great getaway. I’m a Pisces, and therefore feel this huge connection with any sort of beach, so getting to stay in an ocean-front condo for the weekend was just incredible. I took my best friend, Sarah, along for the weekend of "Guiding Light"-related events. We arrived late Friday night. Didn’t go straight to bed though…. first we had to run out onto the beach in the dark and jump into the ocean, which was still pretty warm at 2am. Sarah, Tom Pelphrey (Jonathan), Gina Tognoni (Dinah), Doug Hutchison (Sebastian), and I admired the bright stars in the sky (they were gorgeous), and chatted, and wrote things in the sand. Then we all noticed the hot tub and pool next to our condo. A few others joined us there, including John Driscoll (Coop). We swam and joked around until really late into the night. At about 5am, Sarah and I decided it was way past time to crash. So we did.

On Saturday morning we went to the Radisson Hotel for a brunch fundraiser. We ate and there was an auction and a question-and-answer session. It was a really nice time. I got to meet a lot of really nice fans of the show. Everyone was really sweet to us. After the brunch was over, we had several hours to kick back and relax. It was great. Sarah and Gina and I went back out onto the beach and took some great pictures at sunset. Sarah and I also went out for a long walk, which led us to “Sunsations,” a beach shop, where we found the tools necessary for a prank we proceeded to play on my costars. We bought a pair of fake tongue rings. They were these little glass balls that suctioned onto our tongues. When we got back to the condo, we fooled everyone into thinking we’d gone out to pierce our tongues. While they all knew that it was a highly uncharacteristic thing for me to do, they totally bought it! It wasn’t until Monday that I finally said to everyone, “I thought you knew me better! I would never get my tongue pierced!” Crystal Hunt (Lizzie) was particularly relieved to learn that it was just a joke. Lol.

On Saturday night we all participated in a “Celebrity Bartending Bash.” Yes, I got behind the bar and served drinks. I wasn’t that great at it, but I tried. There was also karaoke and dancing involved. We had a great time. Oh, and by the way, Tom Pelphrey wore a kilt. Yes, a kilt. It was hilarious. What was even crazier is that he pulled it off remarkably well, as only Tom really could.

Our last event of the weekend was a boat cruise on Sunday afternoon. It was cloudy, but still warm out. From the boat we could see a lot of beautiful houses around the island. John and I even got the chance to drive the boat. The captain gave us control of the wheel. He told us we were naturals.

We flew home Sunday evening, and it was back to work and school on Monday. Now it’s life as usual, and I’m happy as a clam. : )

5 Comments:

Blogger Amanda said...

Hey there Stephanie! Thanks for the Marco Island recap. That is one event I've never been to, but hope to attend one day. It sounds wonderful right about now!

My friend Terri did attend, so I got to see some pictures from the events...including Tom with his kilt. I also received a nice phone call from the event and got to talk to John for a minute.

It sounds like you had a blast, so I'm glad to hear that! Count me among those glad that the tongue piercing was a joke!

On GL, the episode just aired on Tuesday where Lizzie threw the party at company and nobody showed up. Meanwhile, Tammy and Sandy were all around town from the beach to Olivia's on so on. I thought, "Why are they not at Lizzie's party? They are the closest thing to friends that Lizzie has!" HaHa....but I guess that would have prevented Coop from riding to the rescue! In which case, I'm fine with it. HaHa!

May 5, 2005 at 10:18 AM  
Blogger Dana said...

Stephanie-

It was so nice to meet you at the brunch! We all had a great time last weekend :-)

Dana

May 6, 2005 at 7:58 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Back again to say I am getting very curious about Tammy's double......looks like trouble (and fun) is headed our way!

May 19, 2005 at 11:26 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

I am gonna get a complex if I keep talking to myself! LOL

But I had to say that you looked fabulous at the Emmy's. Honestly I would pass right by that dress if I saw it hanging on a store clothing rack, but it looked as though it was made for you!

May 24, 2005 at 5:56 AM  
Blogger A Girl's Gotta said...

Hi Stephanie... I agree you looked fabulous at the Emmys. It's always so frustrating watching the Emmys, because GL seems to get looked over for the acting awards. Every year I'm yelling at the screen like "Hello?! Are you people blind? They have the most talented cast in all of daytime!" Oh well, what can ya do? At least Beth and Ricky won best combo (not that I voted like 1000 times or anything...). :)

I'd love to hear your thoughts on the evening.

May 30, 2005 at 9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home