Tuesday, June 21, 2005

JUNE 16, 2005

Wow, it’s been a while!! Sorry, guys. Before I say anything else, I have to send a shout-out to Christie and Bethany (ooh, I hope I got the names right!!), two great girls I met after the CBS vs. ABC softball game last Saturday. They said they read my blog, and I promised to mention them, and joked that I’m so bad with names, but I’d do my best to remember!

Anyhoo, the softball game was a lot of fun. It was a fundraiser. CBS soap stars played against ABC soap stars. We lost to ABC, unfortunately; but if you ask me, they’re a bunch of cheaters anyways. Lol. But it was a nice day, and the crowd was really into it, so it was great.

I had a house-warming party last Sunday evening. My new apartment was finally ready for company. A bunch of my friends from NYU came over, as well as some friends from "Guiding Light." I had prepared a bunch of finger foods and whatnot, and it was a really nice evening. The place has officially been “warmed.”

As funny as this is to me, I’ve actually started to become somewhat of a domestic now that I have a new apartment and am living with my boyfriend. I’ve been doing some- gasp!- cooking. Yes. And I haven’t burned anything yet. Ok, so I slightly undercooked some chicken once, but other than that I’ve had successes. I’ve made stir-fry and turkey burgers and various pasta dishes. And I’m the kinda girl who normally thinks of cereal as a perfectly acceptable dinner food. I’m glad I’m finally working on my domestic skills. It’s about time, really.

It’s definitely summertime now. We had a few days in the 90-degree range this week. As the weather’s heating up, so is my summer storyline at "Guiding Light!" It’s getting so exciting. There’s a lot in store for my character over these next couple of months. Definitely tune in for that. I’m having a lot of fun working on the material. I’ve been working nearly every day. It’s a lot of hard work, but I’m learning a lot and I’m lucky to be getting such great material to work with.

This weekend I’ll be going home to Philadelphia. My grandparents are celebrating 51 years of marriage (wow!!), and of course I’ll be seeing my dad for Father’s Day.

More soon…. promise

10 Comments:

Blogger MommyCeratops said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

June 21, 2005 at 7:24 AM  
Blogger MommyCeratops said...

MommyCeratops said...

Stephanie, you are so adorable. I enjoy your blog. I have been watching GL as long as I can remember and it is a lot of fun to read your blogs.

I am glad you like your new apartment and the cooking will come along with practice.

I can't wait for your story line to heat up. You have some great places the stories can take you. I enjoy seeing you on GL.

Take care,
Kim

June 21, 2005 at 7:40 AM  
Blogger Danielle said...

Hey Stephanie,
That softball game sounded fun! I was going to try to make it out there but unfortunatly i had to work. Its too bad you guys lost...you'll get em next time! lol

It sounds like your really enjoying your new apartment! I live in the dorms at my university, but hopefully i'll get an apartment when i graduate!

The cooking takes practice. Believe me. Lol...but it sounds like you are doing a great job! I have agree with you about the cereal though...thats something i've been known to do many a time.

The weather has been a little crazy here in the northeast, really hot, then chilly, then hot again...I'm excited to see what your summer storyline is going to develop into!

I hope you enjoyed your Father's Day weekend in Philidelphia! Thanks for posting, can't wait for the next...

Take Care,
Danielle

June 21, 2005 at 7:45 AM  
Blogger Lara-Ann said...

Stephanie-

I'm gonna keep it real girl- You've been with your BF- what 8 years I think I read? - Send that boy home to live with his momma until ya all get married. And if you're having some kind of doubts at this point you are wasting your time- he's either the one or he's not.

June 21, 2005 at 12:19 PM  
Blogger Bethany & Christie said...

Hey Stephanie!

Thanks so much for the shout out. Great job on remembering our names, you even got the spelling right! :)

It was really nice getting to meet you. Everybody in the GL cast was very friendly. It was our first time at a GL event and it was a lot of fun! We are going to try for the Gus Cruise, hopefully we'll see you there if you end up attending.

You've been great in all your recent scenes. We look forward to seeing what goes on with your character!

Congratulations on your new apartment and learning how to cook. :) Seems like you're having fun!

Hope you had a good time in Philly and a nice Father's Day with your dad.

Thanks again for the shout out...and we agree, the ABC team were a bunch of cheaters! :)

God bless...

Bethany & Christie
BPG524@aol.com

June 21, 2005 at 3:47 PM  
Blogger A Girl's Gotta said...

Stephanie, the scenes of Tammy and Jonathan in Cassie's Barn today were phenomenal. Both you and Tom acted your butts off. I'm excited for what's coming next!

P.S. I'm totally with ya on cereal for dinner! A bad habit I've acquired from living on my own. :)

June 21, 2005 at 6:47 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Hey Steph! It took me a while to get to this one, but my computer has been having issues. So I just saw your new post today when I headed over here to post to you about yesterday's show. Awesome job for you and Tom! I was literally on the edge of my seat! You just get better and better and I am excited for what is coming up.

I'm glad your housewarming went well. And, it is fun to be domesticated! I love to cook, but I definitely do it more often now that I have my own place. The other day one of my male friends said, "You've got to be the youngest person I know with a complete dining room set!" LOL! It sounds like you are well on your way to being a fantastic chef!

I look forward to hearing from you again soon!

Amanda

June 22, 2005 at 6:56 AM  
Blogger Marcy said...

Stephanie,
I LOVE reading your blogs! The softball game sounds like so much fun--unfortunately, it's not economical for me to fly to NY as often as I'd like to. Those baaad ABC cheaters. ;-)

I'm impressed with your newly acquired domestic diva side. Wish I could be inspired to be creative in the kitchen!

Of course, I'm thrilled to hear your storyline is heating up (oh boy, did I enjoy your scenes with Tom the other day). You go, girl! You're an incredible actress and I love that they are giving you such great material...can't wait to see how it all plays out.

June 22, 2005 at 10:30 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Hey Steph! Thanks for taking the time out of your busy life 2 type up a blog. Your such a doll!lol I'm really glad 2 hear about the success of your new apartment. Congrats! Glad 2 hear the cooking is going well also.

I've seen pics from the softball game and every1 looked like they had a great time! Glad 2 hear u had fun and that was really sweet of you to shout out 2 some of your fans. Small gestures from celebs alway mean so much 2 us lil' ppl!

That's awesome your story line is going 2 heat up even more! U've already had some really hott scenes w/ Tom Pelphry in the barn. You guys were truly phenom! Ur a talented actress and I'm happy that your scripts are providing you w/ a way 2 display and grow in your talents.

Keep up the awesome work gurlie!!!

<3Laur

BTW, your hair and clothes just keep getting better and better on the show! U look gorgeous!

June 29, 2005 at 9:06 PM  
Blogger GLJunkie said...

Hello Stephanie. I met you at Kings Dominion over the summer. You were absolutely one of the nicest people I have ever met. I had lunch with Ricky Paull Goldin today!
The entire cast of Guiding Light must be the most talented in the business.
I look forward to seeing you more and more on GL and I hope to see you next summer again at GL.

Sincerely,

Crystal

October 29, 2005 at 1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home