Tuesday, July 05, 2005

LA LA LAND!

I spent last weekend on the West Coast in L.A. I was flown out to shoot an episode of "Soap Talk," a talk show on the cable channel SoapNet. Since I was willing to fly coach, "Soap Talk" paid for Jason to join me on the trip. It was his first time in L.A., and it was really interesting to see his reaction to it. We drove 45 minutes from the airport to our hotel, and when we got to the hotel, Jason said, “So where’s all the cool stuff?” See, we hadn’t really seen much along the way other than freeways. So I explained to him that everything’s really spread out in L.A. The cool stuff is spread apart over a large area. It turned out, Jason was looking for the city.

“This isn’t a city,” he said.

I told him that, yes, it is a city, it’s just not urban the way NYC is. It’s a driving city, a more suburban type of atmosphere. I think he was confused by that, coming from the east coast and cities like New York and Philadelphia. It was cute.

Our hotel was located on Hollywood Blvd., on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, with a great view of the famous Hollywood sign outside our window. I had a great experience on "Soap Talk" on Saturday afternoon. I chatted with the hosts about my life and my work on "Guiding Light." (The episode will air on SoapNet on August 30th, so be sure to check it out!)

I was back at the hotel by mid-afternoon. Jason and I had a reservation for dinner at Gladstone’s 4 Fish, a seafood restaurant that’s right on the beach at Sunset Blvd. and the Pacific Coast Highway. We ate on the deck, looking out over the ocean, and the timing worked out such that we were enjoying dessert at sunset. It was perfect! After dinner, we went to the Third Street Promenade in Santa Monica, which I love. It’s several blocks, closed off to traffic, lined with shops and restaurants. Street performers are abundant there, too, which really adds to the fun.

Before heading back to NY on Sunday afternoon, Jason and I went to the Ripley’s Believe it or Not Museum in Hollywood. It was cool. We got back to the East Coast late Sunday night, just in time to return to work Monday morning. As fun as L.A. can be for a weekend, I’m really an East Coast kinda girl.

2 Comments:

Blogger Danielle said...

Hey Stephanie!

Sounds like you had a great time on the West Coast! I'm sure I would have the same reaction as your boyfriend. I've only been to urban cities like NYC.

I've really enjoyed your storyline lately with "Jonathan" & "Sandy". It's a strange dynamic because of the chemistry you have with Tom Pelphrey, though he is supposed to be your cousin! lol Keep up the GREAT work! I've been a fan of GL for over 8 years...since i was 12.

Hope you are having a wonderful summer! Hope to see another post soon, and i'll try to check out your SoapTalk appearance. Bye!

Take Care!
Danielle

July 8, 2005 at 6:18 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

Hey Stephanie!

I can't wait to see the show.

You're kicking ass on GL right now! Loving the story. Keep up the awesome work!

Erin

July 9, 2005 at 12:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home