Wednesday, July 13, 2005

MY HAPPY PLACE

I had a long day at work today. I was there from 7am until just after 7pm. Of course, I can’t complain. Now I’m off from work until next week! That’s the thing about working on a soap- the schedule can be grueling sometimes, but light and easy sometimes, too.

I had a great 4th of July Weekend. It was really quite perfect. I was home in Philadelphia for a couple of days. I was there for the Live 8 concert on the 3rd. That was amazing. There were a ton of people crowding one of Philly’s main streets, watching all the musicians perform. It was really exciting. My friends and I got fairly close to the stage at one point, but not too close. It was so crowded.

The next day, Sunday, Jason and I and two of our friends drove to Howell, NJ to go a barbeque at Tom Pelphrey’s (Jonathan) friend’s house. It wouldn’t be 4th of July without a good barbeque! And it was fun. There was food and music and a swimming pool and grown people playing “dizzy bat.” Good old-fashioned fun. We spent the night at Tom’s house (the house where he grew up), and drove a short way to Bradley Beach on Monday. The beach is totally my happy place, so being there on the 4th was perfect. The weather was amazing, and I was with good friends. Jason and I hopped on a bus back to New York in the evening. We were walking home from the bus station just in time to catch the fireworks display over the East River. I love fireworks. They really completed an awesome weekend.

This past weekend was really relaxing. I was pretty lazy for most of it, I must admit. I slept a lot, baked chocolate chip cookies, and watched a bunch of TV. Jason and I saw “The Fantastic Four,” and I gotta say that I was disappointed with it. Oh, well. I’m extremely excited for “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory,” which opens this Friday. I hope it’s good!

5 Comments:

Blogger MommyCeratops said...

Stephanie, glad you had a great fourth and got to go to the beach!
You have been incredible on GL, this week with your scenes with Jonathon and Sandy! I am really into your storylines!
Thanks for updating your blog it is great hearing from you!
Kim

July 13, 2005 at 7:56 AM  
Blogger Danielle said...

Hey Stephanie!

Glad you had a fabulous 4th of July! I went to a birthday party/barbecue for my uncle. It sounds like you had a busy weekend!

Having a relaxing weekend can be fun! My roommate saw Fantastic Four and she enjoyed it, but i'm sure its not for everyone. I am also excited about Charlie & the Chocolate Factory! I'll be at the first showing!

Thanks for posting! Have a great summer

Take Care,
Danielle (Chloeroze@aol.com)

July 14, 2005 at 12:11 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Hey Steph!

Thanks for posting. Glad you had a great 4th weekend! Tom's BBQ sounded great, but just out of curiosity, did you take the time out of your 4th to watch the Bauer BBQ on gl? lol Cali sounded fun. Can't wait 2 see Soap Talk. I think I would've reacted just like your boyfriend, and been amazed at everything around me. I don't ever think I could live on the west coast...just not my style. Your storyline has been great! Can't wait 2 see more, but it's nice to hear you have the whole week off...if only I could get the whole week off *sigh* lol.

Thanks for posting!
Luv always,
Laur
(LaurLaurDC219@Hotmail.com)

July 14, 2005 at 8:17 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

Hey Stephanie!

Glad you had an awesome 4th. We had our own little family BBQ like we always do.

I've never been to LA or NY, but I think I'd much rather be in NY than LA.

Oh and I have another question for you....We're doing monologues in our acting class, and I'm having a hard time finding one. Do you have any suggestions on any good ones? We are suppose to have 2 contrasting monologues, but right now I'd settle to just find one good one! haha...If you have any suggestions I'd GREATLY appreciate it! Thanks so much!

Can't wait to see you on Soap Talk!

*Erin
s_erin_m@hotmail.com

July 17, 2005 at 4:37 PM  
Blogger Sari said...

Hi Stephanie, I'm a big fan of Guiding Light and you're awesome story with Scott Bailey. Anyway, I was curious about how it works when you're on a soap. Meaning, when you go to work, are you filming just one show.. or more than one, the whole weeks worth? I was just interested. Its been really fun seeing so much of you this week, hope to see a lot more of you and Sandy! ~Sarah

July 20, 2005 at 8:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home