Monday, September 26, 2005

GLASS HALF FULL

It’s Sunday evening, and I’m looking forward to watching HBO’s lineup tonight, including the season premiere of “Curb Your Enthusiasm” and a new show called “Extras.” I’m a huge fan of Larry David, and “Curb Your Enthusiasm” is one of my favorite shows. It’s so funny. “Extras” is a BBC import, starring the lead actor from the British version of “The Office,” another great show. So I’ll pop some popcorn and get cozy for that hour- I can’t wait!

It’s been a pretty low-key weekend for me. Yesterday I participated in an event called “Halliestock” at a park in Queens. It’s an annual event that raises money for an AIDS orphanage in Africa. A few other soap actors and I went to show our support because daytime is starting a big campaign to raise awareness about AIDS in Africa. At the event, we each read some poetry by Hallie Geier, a young girl whose life was cut short by a tragic car accident. It was a nice afternoon, and the event was a success. (Also got to spend some quality time with Crystal Hunt, with whom I shared a car to get to Queens; we hadn’t really hung out in a while, so it was nice to catch up a bit.)

Today there was another event, this one in Times Square. This one was set up by Broadway Cares: Equity Fights AIDS (one of the biggest charities sponsored by the theatre community). It was a Broadway flea market that included autograph sessions with actors from stage and television. A handful of actors were there from "Guiding Light," and lots of fans showed up to get posters signed and to take pictures. It was a lot of fun. We got to meet more fans of the show, and we also got to see other stars (I was sitting two seats away from Bebe Neuwirth!) It was really cool.

Back to work tomorrow. I’m working every day this week! Things are pretty busy for me right now, which I love. I’m very lucky to have a great storyline that gives me the opportunity to work a lot. There have been so many changes at "Guiding Light" recently, most notably the loss of several beloved cast members. It’s a really weird thing to go through, especially after moving into a new studio and everything. I know these losses are upsetting to a lot of fans (as it is to us, of course), but you never really know why certain decisions are made. I think we just need to trust that “the powers that be” are doing what they think is best for the show. There are a lot of factors for them to consider, and running a big show on a tight budget can’t be easy, so I feel like it’s a bit unfair for us to judge their decisions. Of course it’s sad to lose actors and to see so many changes occur in such a short time. Let’s just wait and see what good it will all bring. (Am I a “glass is half full” kinda girl or what?!)

Personally, I’m particularly sad to be losing Laura Wright, who will be joining the cast of General Hospital next month. I can’t imagine not having her around. However, I’m very excited for Laura. I hope that this new experience turns out to be great for her; she deserves it.

We’re only a few weeks away from the Guiding Light fan weekend in October. I hope a lot of you can make it. It’s always so much fun! If you can’t be there, don’t worry- I’ll be sure to fill you in on all the happenings of the weekend.

Have a great week everybody!

11 Comments:

Blogger Richards Website Design said...

CRN WEB Blogs
Netflow-based Traffic Analyzer Get NetFlow Analyzer for in-depth network traffic analysis from Cisco Netflow exports.
What a great blog! Would you like to post on my blog?
Richards Website Design is the name.
It you are interested in a website of your own,
Visit:www.richardswebsitedesign.com
The future is ours to create!
Phil

September 26, 2005 at 1:27 PM  
Blogger Eli said...

Kelly Ripa mentioned that her friend Laura who worked on Guiding Light was leaving for GH, and my mom and I spent the whole day trying to figure out if we heard correctly, that realy sux, I'm sorry to hear it. I'm sure it'll be wierd for you and I hope that whoever takes her place is as good at Cassie as she is!
By the way, I love the Tammy/Jonatan/Sandy storyline, and I can't wait to see what Sandy's "secret" is! Keep up the good work!

September 26, 2005 at 7:56 PM  
Blogger MommyCeratops said...

Stephanie, that is a great way to look at the changes at GL as half full. I agree with you. I have watche GL for as long as I can remember and there have always been periods of cast turnovers and changes. In the end I believe GL will be a better stronger show. It has left some very AWESOME actors, I personally think some of the younger actors (You included) are just amazing. You and Jonathon just draw viewers into your story. It is amazing. (I do wish you weren't cousins though! LOL!) But youall are awesome! Keep up the good work and the blogging it is great to hear your stories!

September 27, 2005 at 7:25 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

I'm glad to hear that you're so busy this week! That means a lot of good story coming up on GL! When you are in the previews at the end of each day, I know I have something great to look forward to tomorrow! You really just continue to improve over time!

I'm also a "glass half full" type, and I feel that way about GL. Every so often talk crops up about doomsday for GL, but it always pulls through. I just can't imagine GL NOT being on the air! It is part of history, not to mention one of the best if not THE best show on TV!

Can't wait to see you and everybody in just a few weeks!

September 27, 2005 at 12:23 PM  
Blogger A Girl's Gotta said...

I'm glad to hear your optimism about the show. I feel the same way. Yes, it definitely sucks to lose some of our favorite actors, but I have faith that the show will rebuild in its new form and grow even stronger. I feel like, despite these setbacks, GL has some really strong storylines right now, and GL always has and still does have THE most talented cast in all of television. I am excited for what lies ahead.

September 29, 2005 at 7:57 PM  
Blogger ShannonW said...

Hey Stephanie,

I finally found this website and thought I would drop you a note. My mom and I got to go on the set of GL last December during Cassie and Edmund's wedding. Do you remember us? We did get your autograph and you were so very sweet! By the way, you looked beautiful in the red gown you were wearing. I actually had my hair and makeup done by the people at GL and while they were doing my hair, Liz Keifer was talking to me and you came on the "screen" (all the TVs set up around the studio). So when you came on Liz said "Stephanie always looks so beautiful in her scenes." I thought that was so sweet of her to compliment you in such a heartfelt way. But she's definitely right! You always look so naturally pretty! Well, tell everyone Shannon and Jackie said hello! We would love to come back to visit someday! Y'all are awesome and made the whole visit INCREDIBLE!! Especially tell Scott we said hello....He was so much fun! We were really disappointed not to get to meet Tom Pelphrey. Maybe one day we can meet him too!

Love,
Shannon

October 5, 2005 at 8:17 PM  
Blogger Leslie said...

I think it's awesome that you take time to blog and try to connect with your fans! I'm 20 years old and I remember watching GL with my grandma whenever she'd babysit my brother and me. She'd yell at the tv when something happened that she didn't like- she still does that today. I didn't watch the show for a long time and started watching it again about a year ago. I go to my grandma's house and watch GL with her sometimes and sometimes I watch it with my mom who has been watching since she graduated high school. It's our bonding time together, we're both so busy! I absolutely love the storylines in GL, most of them are so much more realistic than other soaps. Keep up the excellent work Stephanie! You're a great actress! Did I mention that Tom Pelphrey is HOT and you are so lucky to work with him?! LOL

http://www.livejournal.com/users/i_know_it_all20/

That's a link to my livejournal- feel free to check it out sometime and comment on my random blurbs!

October 8, 2005 at 11:50 AM  
Blogger Sports Junky said...

I agree,

I love Nascar Racing. and recently I have bought stock in it. Not like real stock on Wall street, but a stock market that is strictly for sports.

You have seen it? Its pretty cool. You buy issues for your favorite teams and you make real money. Not like a fake stock simulator. I cash out Dividends each time the team wins. Also I can sell my team stock when the price goes up.

check it out if something like this interests you.
heres a link http://allsportsmarket.com
you can log in and check it out for free..

They just released IPO'S for Nascar Racing this week, so there are alot of good deals there.

Keep up the good work on your blog!
-Erik

October 13, 2005 at 12:16 PM  
Blogger Amber said...

Stephanie,

I'll be there and I can't wait to see you again!

Love,
Amber

October 13, 2005 at 3:43 PM  
Blogger Shanda said...

I had no idea that non stage actors did the broadway cares flea market. I guess you learn something new everyday. I hope you guys had fun!

October 27, 2005 at 9:17 PM  
Blogger Silver Fox said...

Free Advertising To Build Your Business. I found a a website that offers Free Adverstiisng to help build your business. It has helped double my business in matter of a few weeks.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

November 12, 2005 at 8:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home