Monday, November 07, 2005

OUTAND ABOUT!

It’s been a while since I’ve been able to write a new blog. Sorry! Honestly, I’ve barely had time to come up for air over the last few weeks. I’ve been fortunate enough to have work on “Guiding Light” every day for a month straight. The Tammy/Jonathan/Sandy storyline has been pretty much front and center, so we’ve had a lot on our plates for a while. We’ve also had longer-than-normal work days, usually starting at 7am, and finishing many nights past 7, 8, or even 9PM. But I’ve been loving my job; it’s been really exciting lately.

A couple weeks ago we shot a wedding. My character’s wedding. It was a big deal for me, and it was really fun. A dress was designed and made for the wedding. It was absolutely gorgeous. The preparation for my TV wedding felt somewhat like preparing for a real-life wedding. There was a lot to do between dress fittings, hair styling and make-up decisions, etc. We had long days shooting the wedding episodes. We stayed so late one night that “Guiding Light” ordered pizza for all the actors. And, amazingly, I was able to keep my wedding gown on and eat the pizza without ruining the dress! I was proud of myself for that.

A week after we shot the wedding scenes, we did a “remote”, or a location shoot, to get the exterior shots from the wedding. We went to an old castle (now a luxury hotel) called “Castle on the Hudson” in Tarrytown, in upstate New York. This place was so cool. It was old and beautiful and there were spectacular views of the Hudson River and New York City’s lights in the distance. Five actors and a significant crew left the city in the afternoon, and started shooting scenes following a really yummy dinner. It was so much fun! I just can’t explain how pretty this location was, and being there with my friends, shooting important shots for an important episode, was so cool.

I’ve missed a few classes over the last couple of weeks due to my work schedule. So now, somewhere amidst constant work, I’m trying to catch up on homework, too. That’s ok, though. My professors seem to really be understanding. Today is my first day off from work in a while, but it’s a good thing I’ve got the day to be home, because I’ve got a Charles Dickens novel to read by tomorrow, amongst other things.

I don’t think I’ve written a blog since our Guiding Light fan club weekend. What a great weekend that was! It was filled with one event after another, and each of them was a good time. It all kicked off with St. Jude’s on Friday night. I love that event, because everyone gets dressed up, and I love seeing people sing and dance. I got to meet a lot of really nice people, fans of the show. I saw many of them again the next day on Ricky-Paull’s boat cruise. We had perfect weather that day, and the boat was full of enthusiastic fans dancing, eating, snapping pictures. I loved it.

That afternoon we continued on to the “Bloss Bowling” event. I bowled with an awesome team. I warned them that I was a terrible bowler, but somehow I bowled a strike on my first turn. (Luck!) The great thing about the bowling event is that it’s always nice and laid-back. Everyone just wants to play and hang out and laugh. After bowling, I ran home to get changed and have a bite to eat. Then I headed downtown for Bradley Cole’s concert. Bradley’s music is the best. I sang along to the songs I knew, and enjoyed hearing all the new ones, too. Kim Zimmer, Mandy Bruno, and Ricky-Paull Goldin got up to sing, too, which was a real treat.

Sunday was the annual Fan Club Luncheon. This event really allows us to thank all of the hard-core Guiding Light fans for their support. After introductions and a few speeches, we were able to sit and meet fans individually, and to sign autographs and take pictures. It’s nice to hear fans’ feedback and to remember the faces of the people that are devoted to the show, that sit and watch what we do every day. It was a pleasure to see and chat with them all. (I’ll be doing some special shout-outs in my next blog!)

Now it’s time to stop procrastinating and get some homework done. Have a great week everybody!

P.S. If you haven’t checked out the Guiding Light “podcasts” yet, you really should. It’s such a clever idea, because you can listen to a whole week’s worth of shows in your spare time (walking to work or running errands or whatever.) I just think it’s such a cool idea. So if you find yourself unable to catch up on the show on tape, just download episodes from CBS.com. The podcast is a really innovative new thing, and we’re lucky that this show is the first to offer such a convenience.

23 Comments:

Blogger Brianna said...

Hey Stephanie,
Now I'm really looking forward to seeing the wedding. When I was in New York last fall, I spent the week over Halloween in Tarrytown. It is so unbelievably beautiful there, especially with the leaves turning. Though I didn't see the "Castle on the Hudson", I must have missed it completely. But the Croton Dam is gorgeous, so peacefull, and the Rockefeller Estate was incredible. Plus the added excitement of having a headless horseman run around on Halloween. Anyways, I hope you enjoy your book, and continue to have fun with Guiding Light.

Brianna

November 7, 2005 at 1:51 PM  
Blogger lisa_rock_n_roll said...

hi Stephanie,
i m an italian guiding light fan, and i think you are really doing a wonderful job!
i m looking forward to see the coming episodes-especially the wedding!
Lisa

November 7, 2005 at 3:36 PM  
Blogger julie said...

Hi Stephanie,
I was happy to see a new blog.. We missed You..I can't wait for the wedding scenes. I wonder who Tammy will actually end up "marrying" .. Can't wait..

November 7, 2005 at 4:22 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

Stephanie,
I just want to congratulate you on your amazing performance. You and Tom Pelphrey have remarkable chemistry!You two have such intensity and emotion throughout your scenes...they're so exciting to watch! I love the relationship your characters share! This storyline is the reason I tune in to GL! I can't wait to see this story unfold further :) Keep up the great work!

November 7, 2005 at 5:34 PM  
Blogger Tree said...

Stephanie - Amazing job ...it's been great to see your storyline in the forefront day after day. It keeps me tuning in. Good luck with all of your endeavors (now I'll just sit here w/my fingers crossed hoping you marry the RIGHT man! CR!)

Tree

November 7, 2005 at 7:30 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

Hey Stephanie -

Angie from Philly here. Just wanted to say that I have been a fan of the show for about 20 years; stories come and stories go, and I haven't watched all that much in the past year. But that's all changed because of the work that you and Tom do every day! You have brought me back into the GL fold! The relationship between Tammy and Jonathan is amazing and electric! I just hope that the writers don't cop out and decide to change their familial relationship, only because so many great stories can come out of that, and at the end of the day, T & J could deal with and stay together.

Keep up the great work and thanks for entertaining us! Enjoy college too....those were some fantastic years for me!

November 8, 2005 at 10:57 AM  
Blogger Arnie Brown said...

NASCAR PATCHES that can be ironed onto leather or fabric for a tight bond and will not peel. The backing and the stitching is of materials that resist fading from the sun, and is completely washable. $6.00 each.
(There is a PayPal link on the "car badge" page, Or you may mail a check.)
**NASCAR**

November 8, 2005 at 12:20 PM  
Blogger Arnie Brown said...

NASCAR PATCHES that can be ironed onto leather or fabric for a tight bond that will not peel. The backing and the stitching is of materials that resist fading from the sun, and is completely washable. $6.00 each.
(There is a PayPal link on the "car badge" page, Or you may mail a check.)
**NASCAR**

November 8, 2005 at 4:48 PM  
Blogger Arnie Brown said...

NASCAR PATCHES that can be ironed onto leather or fabric for a tight bond that will not peel. The backing and the stitching is of materials that resist fading from the sun, and is completely washable. $6.00 each.
(There is a PayPal link on the "car badge" page, Or you may mail a check.)
**NASCAR**

November 8, 2005 at 8:40 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

Hey Stephanie,
It was great getting to see everyone during the GL weekend in Oct. I hope to see you all at the Tampa,FL event in Feb.
You have been doing a great job on the show. I can't wait to see the wedding on the show it sounds like you had alot of fun filming it.
About the pod cast you can download you are so right it is a big convience i found that out when we didn't have cable but did have internet access that is how I kept up with the show listening to it on the Computer and the clips from the boards.
Have a great Holiday Season.
Susan

November 9, 2005 at 7:49 AM  
Blogger Rell24 said...

Hey Steph! It's Cheryl, One of the original "girls gone wild" lol. thanks for being so cool to us through the whole weekend. Can't wait to see you again. The picture of you, me, and my other two friends dancing on the boat came out great. It's posted on this site!

November 9, 2005 at 10:27 AM  
Blogger CandiceMack said...

Steph,
Finally I have stop recoving from NYC...its Candice (the only girl who was really wild lol)I am glad you had a good time,Cheryl,Court and I really had fun and the Fish was good too I am eating one right now lol.Cant wait to see you again and I hope everything at school is going good..oh btw I got the new make up book I love it

November 9, 2005 at 1:57 PM  
Blogger CandiceMack said...

Steph,
Candice's here..aka one of the wildest yet sweetest girls in the photo (hee).I have yet to recover from NYC..because it was just amazing.I am hook on the Jammy/Sammy storyline and proud to admit that too.I cant wait to see you again and yes I did buy the new make up book..your photos are beautiful as our photo of us dancing.

November 9, 2005 at 2:23 PM  
Blogger mallory0820 said...

Hey Stephanie! It was so great to meet you at the GL Weekend! My mom and I bowled right next to you with Beth C. and her husband. We also loved seeing you and Scott at the luncheon. It was a lot of fun this year! I'm loving your storyline, and I can't wait to see the wedding scenes and the location shots. :-)

Much love,
Mallory

November 10, 2005 at 11:17 AM  
Blogger mallory0820 said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

November 11, 2005 at 5:21 PM  
Blogger Silver Fox said...

Free Advertising To Build Your Business. I found a a website that offers Free Adverstiisng to help build your business. It has helped double my business in matter of a few weeks.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

November 12, 2005 at 8:00 AM  
Blogger Colleen said...

Stephanie-
Wow you are really doing a great job with the show lately. You've been on like everyday-I love your storyline right now. You and Tom Pelphrey are great and I'm so upset with the scenes of Sandy and Tammy. They've really got you bouncing back and forth! Can't believe you do school too! I have three girls and go to school part-time nights and it's so stressful. I'm taking Human A&P right now and it's wicked hard, but I'm getting A's. Well enough about me. Great Job and have a nice holiday.
Colleen

November 17, 2005 at 6:04 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

I am originally from upstate NY and am now in Southern California! To hear you talk about NY makes me miss its beauty.. not that I don't love California, but its very different! I love the show and watch it all the time! It is great to see such wonderful story lines.. Congratulations on your 9 years with your boyfriend!! Love is splendid.. enjoy every minute!

From one new yorker to another.. cheers!

~Kathy

November 17, 2005 at 8:31 PM  
Blogger beba said...

Stephanie,

You and Tom P. have to check this out - someone made a great mini video of your scenes together and set it to a Smiths song (better than Unbelievable!) Anyway, it's pretty cool and it really shows the chemistry you two share as Tammy and JB...

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NEQRVFOG

Keep up the blogging.

November 20, 2005 at 8:00 PM  
Blogger Lashan said...

It sounds like you have been really busy!! You are so luckey to get to go to Terrytown and to that big nice castle! and I have to just say you and Tom really rock!

November 25, 2005 at 8:18 AM  
Blogger VOKLST said...

to The Tamster/Stephanie,

not so.. you have a bunch of Hardcore fans here in Chicago but either dur to job/timefactor reservations in advance, we are not able to get to NYC for 'luncheon' we feel we desrve a luncheon of our own.....But alas, then it is a matter of your job/time factor
that doesn't coincide with the MidWest area, but I love you and the show anyway. Hope you have some free time in between semesters to catch up on knock out posting at 'Sweestest Bamboo' and 'Pelphrey's Pad' great fan fiction for possible scenage & storyline...
Thanks & keep it coming...
VOKLST@yahoo.com

December 1, 2005 at 10:43 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Hey Stephanie,
My name is Amanda and my mom and I always watch guiding light everyday! okay so last wendsday you died!!! WHY?! we are all wondering why you left guiding light i mean you just got married to Jonathen and you got everything you wanted right? well I hope you say something about it because im really wondering why...so ya thanks for your time and you were a wonderful character on guiding light.
Thanks,
Amanda

January 30, 2007 at 6:27 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

HI I am just trying to find out the name of the artist who sang the songs when tammy got ran over and was in the hospital if anyone knows please email me holly_d_b@yahoo.com

March 8, 2007 at 10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home