Friday, December 23, 2005

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Happy holidays everyone! It’s hard to believe, but Christmas is only a few days away. I’m in Philadelphia now, where I’ll be with my family for Christmas. The day after Christmas I’ll be flying to Hawaii to visit my brother. He’s stationed there with the Army, and I’m going to spend a week with him; I’m soooo excited!

I’ve had a lot going on lately between work and preparing for the holidays and whatnot. Last night was the "Guiding Light" holiday party. I had such a good time. The party was at a bar called “Jake’s”. There was a lot of dancing going on (Frank Dicopolous (Frank) was the best, dancing like he was having the time of his life!) Getting to the party took a while though, because there’s been a transit strike in New York City for the past few days, which means there’s no public transportation available. I shared a cab with three strangers to get most of the way there (VERY slowly, as there was gridlock throughout the city), and then I walked the rest of the way.

My days at "Guiding Light" continue to be fun. Sometimes I have to take a step back from it all and really giggle. I mean, sometimes I think about the fact that I’m now part of a huge storyline that, at the core of it, involves cousins that are in love. I personally really enjoy the story. I think it’s complex and interesting. I have to admit, though, it can be strange to think about things like all the debates that the storyline has sparked. And last week, my giggling actually erupted during the taping of a scene! We were shooting scenes in a courtroom. Jonathan and Tammy are in a bit of trouble for the fire that they started, yadda yadda yadda…. anyway, in the middle of one scene, Mel (Yvonna Wright) says to us, “Look, you’re not on trial for loving your cousin….”, and I just about died. She said it so seriously. But for some reason, at that moment, the words, “In love with your cousin” sounded so silly to me that I actually started laughing hysterically in the middle of the scene. The director called cut, and we had to do the scene again (I was so embarrassed.) But it was truly funny.

I’ve been missing Laura Wright (ex-Cassie) lately. She just sent me a text message a few minutes ago, and we texted back and forth for a little bit. She said she’s back on the east coast for the holidays, and that she misses us all like crazy. I told her I miss her, too, but that I hear she’s doing great work as Carly on GH.

I’ve really been getting into the holiday spirit lately, as I do every year. I love Christmas! I decorated my little silver tinsel tree and put it in my dressing room. I spend more time there than I do at home, so it needed to have that Christmas-y feel. I also discovered the world’s most amazing cup of hot chocolate at City Bakery, near Union Square. It’s warm and thick with a homemade marshmallow on top.

I wish everyone a very merry Christmas (or Hanukah or Kwanza or whatever you might celebrate) and a safe and happy New Year!

19 Comments:

Blogger Lashan said...

Stephanie you are so adorable! You and Tom are doing such a great Job!! you both are so much fun to watch and I can never get enough of you two together I Love Jammy and I do pray that Jammy will get a break at some point. Oh and I almost forgot to say Happy Hoildays to you!. I hope that you have fun with your family and that you get to enjoy some time off really, you and Tom both have been wroking so hard, I mean I am starting to think that you two never get a day off lol. Anyways you are doing great you and Tom both rock the charts in chemistry! and you two get better and better by the day!. Happy Hoildays!.

Lashan

December 23, 2005 at 8:47 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

December 23, 2005 at 9:00 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Stephanie, thanks for the update! You are a truly amazing talent! You and Tom are the best on daytime.
I can't tell you how much I'm loving the whole Johnathan & Tammy storyline! I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas!

Melissa

December 23, 2005 at 9:02 AM  
Blogger soap girl said...

Hi Stephanie! Love the current storyline. You and Tom are awesome! I miss Laura W. too. I hope she come back to GL someday. Take care!

December 23, 2005 at 3:18 PM  
Blogger julie said...

Dear Stephanie,
It's about time sometime mentioned the fact that Tammy and Jonathon are cousins. THAT"S the reason it was wrong i don't understand why the writers don't mention that fact. If it wasn't for that. Those two would make a great couple..Well take care and Merry Christmas

December 23, 2005 at 5:30 PM  
Blogger julie said...

Hey Stephanie,
I'm glad you mentioned the fact that Tammy and Jonathon are cousins. How come the writers never mention that fact? Do they think we (the audience) have forgotten. Well anyway, Merry Christmas have fun in Hawaii!!

December 23, 2005 at 5:34 PM  
Blogger julie said...

Dear Stephanie,
I'm glad you mentioned the fact that tammy and jonathon are cousins. Have the writers forgotten the fact that we(the audience) know this? If it weren't for the fact their cousins, they would make a great couple. Well anyway merry christmas. Have fun in Hawaii!!

December 23, 2005 at 5:40 PM  
Blogger Nikki B said...

Your storyline is my favorite! I love the chemistry between you and Tom. It's amazing how comfortable you two look together... great work. PS What workout do you use? You look AMAZING! You totally steal all your love scenes with Tom and that's hard to do because he is a beautiful man! Well, enough gushing! I love you and your work and can't wait to see more of the two of you! Happy ChrismaHannuKwanzUkkah!

December 23, 2005 at 6:32 PM  
Blogger kay said...

stephanie, you and tom are doing such a great job at work it's amazing I think it's funny they are cousins yea it's wrong, but it's too good to resist. I wish you and your family happy holidays!
Going away sounds great have a blast.

December 23, 2005 at 7:32 PM  
Blogger tmcknight29 said...

Stephanie,
I want to wish you and your family Happy Holidays. You and Tom do play great characters. I love Guiding Light whenever I have a chance to watch. To me, there's nothing wrong with you and Tom loving each other even though you are cousins on the show. It's only a fantasy world and people have to understand that. I just want you to know keep up the good work. Happy Holidays again.

Tara

December 24, 2005 at 6:57 AM  
Blogger Ally said...

Blessings to you and your family ... Hope you have a great Christmas!!

I too am a Jammy fan!! The cousin thing really doesn't bother me at all because I actually know first cousins that married. They are my mothers first cousins, and are like 60ish now... When they were teenagers they were CRAZY in LOVE with each other... The family was stunned and everyone was in an uproar... They all finally realized that they really were in LOVE, and rather than push them away, they decided to make the best of it...

That was about 45 yr's ago.....They are still very happy and in love today....in fact they are two of the biggest love birds I know.
They have 4 children and several grand children, none have any genetic problems .... And all their children are successful adults today..

I remember figuring it all out when I was like 13 or something and asking my mom about it... she reluctantly told me the story. After she was done, she said, "I know it seems strange to you, but just remember ...you can't help who your heart loves".
that was 28 yr's ago...and I still admire their love & courage today. They stood up against everyone, and fought for there love.. They took all the crap everyone threw at them, and came out on top.

SO having said all that, KUDO"S to you and Tom for taking on such a controversial storyline and making it beleivable...we feel the the LOVE. The chemistry is Smokin'Hot and we can never get enough Jammy!!
You guy's are Rockin' GL and are breathing new life into the show... I've been watching for about 25 yrs or so, but this is the first time in years that a storyline has grabbed my attention so completely...

Well sweet girl I hope you enjoy Hawaii! Please tell your brother I said THANK YOU for his service to my COUNTRY ....

December 24, 2005 at 10:50 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Hello Steph!

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you! I hope you have a great Christmas and an even better time in Hawaii with your brother. :)

And you already know, I love Jammy ;)

Amanda
p.s. Did you get the pics I sent you?

December 24, 2005 at 7:00 PM  
Blogger tina b said...

Happy Holidays Stephanie!

Thanks for all of your hard work on GL--your storyline is definitely must-see TV!
i always considered myself to be one of those soap fans who viewed all the "soap drama" with a jaded eye--i can't believe how caught up i have become in the love story of Jonathan and Tammy.
you two blow me away--and you both bring such a bubbly sense of fun to your scenes together.
i especially loved the little Jonathan rap from 12/22's show! hilarious!
and when Jonathan tore off the little piece of the Peter Collins tree to use as mistletoe--and made his kissy-face at Tammy!??
i had to rewind that scene 4 times--it was killing me!

i can't wait to see what is in store for your characters in 2006.
hopefully another wild and crazy ride--

Tina

December 25, 2005 at 10:12 PM  
Blogger tina b said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

December 25, 2005 at 10:12 PM  
Blogger annie said...

Stephanie, I've enjoyed reading your blog and listening to your commentary on the GL "light" podcasts. I especially love your sense of humor, and that you don't take it all too seriously. I will enjoy that episode coming up, in the courtroom when Mel says her line so seriously, knowing that they needed to do two takes, because of your giggle attack. That is so great. I have been a fan of GL for years, and my husband teases me mercilessly about "my stories"! Once in a while when he sits down to watch a tape with me, he'll say, (and I do agree with him)"how can those actors do those lines with a straight face?!" I'm glad to hear that one of my very favorite actors: you! occasionally can't!
Well, enjoy a wonderful week with your brother in the tropics. And I, like everyone else, do love the current story line and think you and Tom Pelphrey are a joy to watch.

December 26, 2005 at 6:11 PM  
Blogger jurnzy said...

Stephanie you said you had to redo the scene when Mel said something about loving your cousin. How in the world did you get through the scene when they had Jonathan do that Jingle Bells Rap song. That was hilarious. I am enjoying your storyline and blogs. Have a wonderful holiday and vacation.

December 27, 2005 at 7:06 AM  
Blogger Kimo said...

Stephanie you are the best. Tom & you rock as Jonathan & Tammy!! I know you'll have a wonderful time in Hawaii. Have a safe trip back home as well. Mele Kalikimaka & Hau'oli Makahiki Hou!!

December 28, 2005 at 3:53 PM  
Blogger Alalisa said...

Love you and JB together! Who cares that you are cousins...it's NOT real...can't we all live in a fantasy world?! Perhaps you are not cousins at all...maybe Jeffrey is Richard's unknown twin brother..there is a reason he popped up in Springfield, right?! We can't get enough of your story-line with JB - it's always fun to watch. We get irritated when the hour is up and we have to wait for the next episode...is that loyalty or what? Have a happy New Year!

-Alanna & Lisa (Co-Worker GL Fanatics aka: Alalisa)

December 29, 2005 at 11:42 AM  
Blogger kay said...

It sounds like you had a blast on vacation!!! A much needed one It must be hard working so much, but it seems like fun. GL seems to get more exciting every day, everyone does such a great job. Happy Holiday's!

January 27, 2006 at 3:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home