Monday, January 09, 2006

PARTY LIKE ITS 2006!

Aloha! I’m wishing that I were still in Hawaii, where I just spent a week-long vacation visiting my brother, Andrew. The trip was great. I flew to Honolulu the day after Christmas. I had spent the holiday at home in Philadelphia. Went to church on Christmas Eve, and spent Christmas day with my whole family. I had been so busy throughout the month of December, I was really ready to get away for a little break.

It’s a long trip to Hawaii, especially when you’re stuck in the middle seat on the plane. But it’s well worth it, because Hawaii is absolutely beautiful. And having the opportunity to hang out with my older brother for a whole week was a priceless gift. Andrew was recently promoted to Sergeant in the Army. I’m so proud of him. He’s stationed in Hawaii, and works on Hickham Air Force Base. I stayed with Andrew for the week. He’s got a great apartment that overlooks Pearl Harbor.

Waikiki is so cool. I fell in love with it. The beach, like all the others on the island, is gorgeous. The famous “strip” is lined with really great shopping and restaurants. A lot of the nightlife exists there, too. One night, Andrew and I ate a fancy dinner at one of the Sheraton Hotels in Waikiki. It was so nice. We ate outside, overlooking the ocean as the sun was going down. There were hula dancers and guys singing and playing ukuleles in front of our table. And the food was really good!

Luckily, Andrew had most of last week off from work. He did, however, have to jump out of a Black Hawk on Wednesday morning. I rode out to the “drop zone” with him and some of his Army buddies so I could watch them jump. The helicopter took them fifteen hundred feet up, and they jumped using parachutes that were packed by my brother’s unit. It was a cool new experience for me.

After the successful jump, my brother and I drove up to the North Shore, where the waves are really big this time of year. We drove halfway around the island, along a scenic road that took us past coastline and mountains and Dole pineapple plantations. We stopped to get really yummy shrimp from a truck on the side of the road. (There are shrimp farms all over up there.)

Other great experiences we had during my trip included snorkeling in Hanauma Bay, seeing fish and sea turtles through the porthole in a submarine 120 feet below the surface of the ocean, and visiting the Punchbowl cemetery, where our grandfather (a pilot, killed in WWII) is buried. Also loved the beach at Makapu’u The best part of the trip, though, was just getting to hang out with my brother, who I don’t get to see much of now that he’s traveling all over with the Army. We did a lot of swimming, watched funny movies, and played board games. Good brother-sister bonding stuff. It was great.

On New Year’s Eve, we decided to chill out at Andrew’s apartment. We were able to see tons of fireworks from his balcony, which made an already beautiful view even more spectacular.

Speaking of which, Happy New Year everyone! Welcome to 2006!

16 Comments:

Blogger Lynnette said...

Sounds like you had a great time Stephanie! Glad you got to spend time with your brother!

I'm sure you are super busy with all the work you are doing on Guiding Light but I'm loving seeing you and Tom and "Jammy" on almost everyday! Keep up the amazing work!

Happy 2006!

January 9, 2006 at 6:17 AM  
Blogger Soap Girl said...

Happy 2006 Stephanie! Here to the new year, may it be a Jammy wonderful one!

January 9, 2006 at 2:29 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I would have loved to have gone to hawaii ~It is so cold up in CT! I love the whole Tamanthan Storyline. you guys are realing pulling this off w/flying colors !~

Happy `06ness lol i love making up words~

January 9, 2006 at 7:13 PM  
Blogger Lashan said...

Steph sounds like you had a great time hanging out with your brother!!I am so glad that you had some time off from work. I know that you are so busy with Guiding Light and I wanted to let you know like always that You and Tom are doing a great Job! You both Rock!.
Happy New Year!.

Lashan

January 9, 2006 at 9:02 PM  
Blogger Tree said...

Hi Stephanie!

Glad you were able to take a well-deserved break (and see your brother in the process!)

I love how busy they are keeping you on Guiding Light - enjoying those Jammy scenes ... and your interaction with Kim Zimmer, too!

I just rented some of the early seasons of "Curb Your Enthusiasm" (which you mentioned in a previous blog) and I just can't get enough of it. So funny!

Happy New Year!

Tree

January 10, 2006 at 5:20 AM  
Blogger A Girl's Gotta said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful trip! My boyfriend is in the Coast Guard, and he's always out, so I know how nice it is to get those extended visits - especially in locales like Hawaii! On a GL note - I'm still loving Jammy, and I'm sure both you and Tom will get Best Younger Actor/Actress nominations this year. I'm also looking forward to when you guys are featured on an Inside the Light Wednesday - I'm liking those so far. Happy New Year!

January 10, 2006 at 7:32 AM  
Blogger Amber Figueroa said...

Stephanie, I really understand your experience in Hawaii. I was staying in Waikiki the week leading up to Christmas. It truely is amazing there. Great work on GL, keep it up, and Happy New Year!

January 10, 2006 at 7:48 PM  
Blogger spunky said...

Steph I'm glad you had an amazing time with your brother.

I want to wish you and your family a happy 2006.

2006 is going to be a great year for you Steph, I predict an emmy in your future

January 11, 2006 at 11:25 AM  
Blogger Long Island Guide said...

Hi Stephanie G schet,

I’m starting a free book of the month on various topics. No strings attached just go to my blog and download the file..

This month… Secrets of a Happy Marriage Revealed!

Here’s some of the topics…

Why cooperation in marriage is deemed important.
How to know if cooperation is present in your household.
What you should do in case of a heated argument.
Great tips on how to avoid fights.

Visit my blog http://www.longislandguide.com/blog to download you free book.

And for other information we have so many different topics including caterers long island at our site.

Always the best,
Lonny

January 18, 2006 at 5:27 PM  
Blogger Long Island Guide said...

Hi Stephanie G schet,

I’m starting a free book of the month on various topics. No strings attached just go to my blog and download the file..

This month… Secrets of a Happy Marriage Revealed!

Here’s some of the topics…

How to handle conflicts properly.
How to solve problems together without the feeling of outwitting your partner.
How to become interdependent to each other.

Visit my blog http://www.longislandguide.com/blog to download you free book.

And for other information we have so many different topics including long island wedding bands at our site.

Always the best,
Lonny

January 19, 2006 at 6:16 PM  
Blogger Long Island Guide said...

Hi Stephanie G schet,

I’m starting a free book of the month on various topics. No strings attached just go to my blog and download the file..

This month… Secrets of a Happy Marriage Revealed!

Here’s some of the topics…

How caring for each other will make your relationship intact.
How to nurture each other, be it physically and emotionally.
An important factor that can make a great impact on your relationship.

Visit my blog http://www.longislandguide.com/blog to download you free book.

And for other information we have so many different topics including Long Island Wedding Cruises at our site.

Always the best,
Lonny

January 19, 2006 at 7:06 PM  
Blogger Long Island Guide said...

Hi Stephanie G schet,

I’m starting a free book of the month on various topics. No strings attached just go to my blog and download the file..

This month… Secrets of a Happy Marriage Revealed!

Here’s some of the topics…

How to handle conflicts properly.
How to solve problems together without the feeling of outwitting your partner.
How to become interdependent to each other.

Visit my blog http://www.longislandguide.com/blog to download you free book.

And for other information we have so many different topics including Long Island Clergy at our site.

Always the best,
Lonny

January 21, 2006 at 4:31 PM  
Blogger Long Island Guide said...

Hi Stephanie G schet,

I’m starting a free book of the month on various topics. No strings attached just go to my blog and download the file..

This month… Secrets of a Happy Marriage Revealed!

Here’s some of the topics…

How caring for each other will make your relationship intact.
How to nurture each other, be it physically and emotionally.
An important factor that can make a great impact on your relationship.

Visit my blog http://www.longislandguide.com/blog to download you free book.

And for other information we have so many different topics including weddings in long island at our site.

Always the best,
Lonny

January 21, 2006 at 5:16 PM  
Blogger FairyGrrl said...

HI! its cool you got to go there and spend time with ur brother. uhm i really love Guiding Light i have been watching since 6th grade. i really miss laura wright. I think your a good actress. I do a Guiding Light section in my blog every few days for people who like the show but dont get a chance to watch it. (www.xanga.com/rainmans_shady_lady)
i was really curious to know if Scott is going to leave the show? cuz i really like him and i think he should stay on. i would LOVE to be on GL even if its only a walk on spot cuz i love it sooo much. well i hope you go see my blog if you have time and would you do me a favor and tell Beth Ehlers that shes been my fav. on the show since day 1!

January 26, 2006 at 2:26 PM  
Blogger CandiceMack said...

Hey Steph,
Candice's here (one of the founder members of the 3 C's) I just wanted to let you know I am pulling for you when the Emmys comes around and remember what I said to you I see an Emmy in your future well I am not joking because you are an gifted young lady whom I look up too (even though I am older than you but not by much)and who can dance too.

Candice

February 4, 2006 at 10:29 AM  
Blogger leanordericks4677925679 said...

I read over your blog, and i found it inquisitive, you may find My Blog interesting. My blog is just about my day to day life, as a park ranger. So please Click Here To Read My Blog

http://www.juicyfruiter.blogspot.com

February 8, 2006 at 4:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home